Access is denied error message

Hi

I have some cd's which I cannot access on my XP system. When I try to read
one of the CDs, but there is a message stating "SONIC DLA - your version of
DLA can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to
them". When I try to accessing the other CD, there is an error message
stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is denied". I did try to install UDF
Reader, but I still couldn't access the CDs.

Please can someone let me know how I can possibly fix this and what the
'Sonic DLA' message means to.

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Julia

Hi Julia,
Disable DLA.
Open My Computer>Right-Click on your CD burner
drive>Properties>Left-Click on the DLA tab>Left-Click to UNCHECK the
check-box next to the line that says, "ENABLE DLA ON YOUR DRIVES">Apply/Ok.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Julia wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some cd's which I cannot access on my XP system. When I try to read
> one of the CDs, but there is a message stating "SONIC DLA - your version of
> DLA can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to
> them". When I try to accessing the other CD, there is an error message
> stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is denied". I did try to install UDF
> Reader, but I still couldn't access the CDs.
>
> Please can someone let me know how I can possibly fix this and what the
> 'Sonic DLA' message means to.
>
> I look forward to hearing back from you.
> Julia

I unchecked "Enable DLA on your drives" as described, and I'm still getting
the error message stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is denied".

Can you please let me know why I get - "SONIC DLA - your version of DLA can
read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to them"? I
did try uncheck the check you mentioned but then then I got "Access is
Denied". This is for the CD I can access.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi Julia,
> Disable DLA.
> Open My Computer>Right-Click on your CD burner drive>Properties>Left-Click
> on the DLA tab>Left-Click to UNCHECK the check-box next to the line that
> says, "ENABLE DLA ON YOUR DRIVES">Apply/Ok.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Julia wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have some cd's which I cannot access on my XP system. When I try to
>> read one of the CDs, but there is a message stating "SONIC DLA - your
>> version of DLA can read files on this disc but you will not be able to
>> edit or add to them". When I try to accessing the other CD, there is an
>> error message stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is denied". I did
>> try to install UDF Reader, but I still couldn't access the CDs.
>>
>> Please can someone let me know how I can possibly fix this and what the
>> 'Sonic DLA' message means to.
>>
>> I look forward to hearing back from you.
>> Julia

Hi,
see if it helps:-
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/rsm_permissions.mspx

Sonic DLA to supposedly enhance CD/R and DVD/R disc recording.So you are
getting that error.Update the driver.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

"Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>I unchecked "Enable DLA on your drives" as described, and I'm still getting
>the error message stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is denied".
>
> Can you please let me know why I get - "SONIC DLA - your version of DLA
> can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to
> them"? I did try uncheck the check you mentioned but then then I got
> "Access is Denied". This is for the CD I can access.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you.
>

> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Julia,
>> Disable DLA.
>> Open My Computer>Right-Click on your CD burner
>> drive>Properties>Left-Click on the DLA tab>Left-Click to UNCHECK the
>> check-box next to the line that says, "ENABLE DLA ON YOUR
>> DRIVES">Apply/Ok.
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>>
>> Julia wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have some cd's which I cannot access on my XP system. When I try to
>>> read one of the CDs, but there is a message stating "SONIC DLA - your
>>> version of DLA can read files on this disc but you will not be able to
>>> edit or add to them". When I try to accessing the other CD, there is an
>>> error message stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is denied". I did
>>> try to install UDF Reader, but I still couldn't access the CDs.
>>>
>>> Please can someone let me know how I can possibly fix this and what the
>>> 'Sonic DLA' message means to.
>>>
>>> I look forward to hearing back from you.
>>> Julia

The error I am now getting is 'Please insert a disk in Drive D". I followed
the link and I cannot get as far as the Properties, as the error appears
before that.

I will go to the website in order to try to update the drivers.

Any ideas at all?

> Hi,
> see if it helps:-
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/rsm_permissions.mspx
>
> Sonic DLA to supposedly enhance CD/R and DVD/R disc recording.So you are
> getting that error.Update the driver.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>>I unchecked "Enable DLA on your drives" as described, and I'm still
>>getting the error message stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is
>>denied".
>>
>> Can you please let me know why I get - "SONIC DLA - your version of DLA
>> can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to
>> them"? I did try uncheck the check you mentioned but then then I got
>> "Access is Denied". This is for the CD I can access.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Julia,
>>> Disable DLA.
>>> Open My Computer>Right-Click on your CD burner
>>> drive>Properties>Left-Click on the DLA tab>Left-Click to UNCHECK the
>>> check-box next to the line that says, "ENABLE DLA ON YOUR
>>> DRIVES">Apply/Ok.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> ssg MS-MVP

You are making me confused.Last time you were getting different error(d:\ is
not accessible. access is denied) ,now you are getting something different.
Try starting without a disk and insert one when asked.

> The error I am now getting is 'Please insert a disk in Drive D". I
> followed the link and I cannot get as far as the Properties, as the error
> appears before that.
>
> I will go to the website in order to try to update the drivers.
>
> Any ideas at all?
>

> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> see if it helps:-
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/rsm_permissions.mspx
>>
>> Sonic DLA to supposedly enhance CD/R and DVD/R disc recording.So you are
>> getting that error.Update the driver.
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>>
>> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>>>I unchecked "Enable DLA on your drives" as described, and I'm still
>>>getting the error message stating "d:\ is not accessible. access is
>>>denied".
>>>
>>> Can you please let me know why I get - "SONIC DLA - your version of DLA
>>> can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to
>>> them"? I did try uncheck the check you mentioned but then then I got
>>> "Access is Denied". This is for the CD I can access.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>>> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message

I know it's a confusing for me to. I restarted my system, put the cd in and
I am now getting 'D:\ Is not accessible. Invalid Function'. This is a
different message from the previous one.

Julia

> You are making me confused.Last time you were getting different error(d:\
> is not accessible. access is denied) ,now you are getting something
> different.
> Try starting without a disk and insert one when asked.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>> The error I am now getting is 'Please insert a disk in Drive D". I
>> followed the link and I cannot get as far as the Properties, as the error
>> appears before that.
>>
>> I will go to the website in order to try to update the drivers.
>>
>> Any ideas at all?
>>

>> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> see if it helps:-
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/rsm_permissions.mspx
>>>
>>> Sonic DLA to supposedly enhance CD/R and DVD/R disc recording.So you are
>>> getting that error.Update the driver.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> ssg MS-MVP
>>>
>>> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message

I had the invalid function message with my DVD drive - I did a Repair
install of XP and that fixed the problem. Nothing else worked, even a
tech support call to MS didn't help.
--
Anne Onimos
http://losingsanity.blogspot.com

>I know it's a confusing for me to. I restarted my system, put the cd
>in and I am now getting 'D:\ Is not accessible. Invalid Function'.
>This is a different message from the previous one.
>
> Julia
>

> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>> You are making me confused.Last time you were getting different
>> error(d:\ is not accessible. access is denied) ,now you are getting
>> something different.
>> Try starting without a disk and insert one when asked.
>>
>> regards,
>> ssg MS-MVP
>>
>> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> The error I am now getting is 'Please insert a disk in Drive D". I
>>> followed the link and I cannot get as far as the Properties, as the
>>> error appears before that.
>>>
>>> I will go to the website in order to try to update the drivers.
>>>
>>> Any ideas at all?
>>>

>>> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message

How did you repair XP? My system is new and I wouldn't think I would need
to do that ...?

"Anne Onimos" <techgirl@houston.rr.mypanties.com> wrote in message
>I had the invalid function message with my DVD drive - I did a Repair
>install of XP and that fixed the problem. Nothing else worked, even a tech
>support call to MS didn't help.
> --
> Anne Onimos
> http://losingsanity.blogspot.com
> techgirl@houston.rr.mypanties.com
> Figure out what to remove if you want to email me ;-)
>
> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>>I know it's a confusing for me to. I restarted my system, put the cd in
>>and I am now getting 'D:\ Is not accessible. Invalid Function'. This is a
>>different message from the previous one.
>>
>> Julia
>>

>> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> You are making me confused.Last time you were getting different
>>> error(d:\ is not accessible. access is denied) ,now you are getting
>>> something different.
>>> Try starting without a disk and insert one when asked.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> ssg MS-MVP
>>>
>>> "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message

"Incorrect function" error message when you access the CD-ROM drive, the
DVD-ROM drive, or the CD-RW drive
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315350

It may be also due to:-
Error: "Drive <x:> is not accessible. Incorrect function" when accessing
a CD or removable drive after installing Norton AntiVirus

http://tinyurl.com/2ljs6

regards,
ssg MS-MVP