Hi All,
I was just wondering...is it possible that I've lost my clipboard
in the Start Menu>Accessoir. I can't find it any more. Is it possible to
re-install it again, if so, how do I do it? I have Win XP Pro SP2.
Thanks,
yakis

Perform the following:

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: NEW > SHORTCUT
2. In the Create Shortcut window, type in: CLIPBRD.EXE , and click "Next"
3. In the next window, type in: ClipBook Viewer , and click "Finish"
4. A ClipBook Viewer shortcut icon will appear on your Desktop.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"yakis" wrote:

| Hi All,
| I was just wondering...is it possible that I've lost my clipboard
| in the Start Menu>Accessoir. I can't find it any more. Is it possible to
| re-install it again, if so, how do I do it? I have Win XP Pro SP2.
| Thanks,
| yakis

Locate clipbrd.exe and make a shortcut to it.

Perform the following:

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: NEW > SHORTCUT
2. In the Create Shortcut window, type in: CLIPBRD.EXE , and click "Next"
3. In the next window, type in: ClipBook Viewer , and click "Finish"
4. A ClipBook Viewer shortcut icon will appear on your Desktop.

Hey! Nice tip. I did that and it works great. I've noticed that if I copy
something using PrtScn or Copy and then open Word, it is not available to
Paste. But if I first open Word, then go somewhere and copy something, and
then switch to the Word that's already open, it is available for Paste.
Will this shortcut make a Copy available regardless?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"yakis" wrote:

| Hi All,
| I was just wondering...is it possible that I've lost my clipboard
| in the Start Menu>Accessoir. I can't find it any more. Is it possible to
| re-install it again, if so, how do I do it? I have Win XP Pro SP2.
| Thanks,
| yakis

Thank you all very much for replying so soon, thanks for your help again.
Cheers,
yakis

> Locate clipbrd.exe and make a shortcut to it.
>
> yakis wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I was just wondering...is it possible that I've lost my clipboard
>> in the Start Menu>Accessoir. I can't find it any more. Is it possible to
>> re-install it again, if so, how do I do it? I have Win XP Pro SP2.
>> Thanks,
>> yakis

You're welcome.

Darrell S wrote:
> Perform the following:
>
> 1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: NEW > SHORTCUT
> 2. In the Create Shortcut window, type in: CLIPBRD.EXE , and click
> "Next" 3. In the next window, type in: ClipBook Viewer , and click
> "Finish" 4. A ClipBook Viewer shortcut icon will appear on your Desktop.
>
> Hey! Nice tip. I did that and it works great. I've noticed that if
> I copy something using PrtScn or Copy and then open Word, it is not
> available to Paste. But if I first open Word, then go somewhere and
> copy something, and then switch to the Word that's already open, it
> is available for Paste. Will this shortcut make a Copy available
> regardless?
Well, I tried it. If I use Prtscn and open the Clip Book Viewer, the copy
is there. But if I then open Word the copy goes blank. Any ideas? I've
looked through the Word options hoping to find something that blanks the
Clip Book when Word opens so I can uncheck that option. I can't find
anything. If I have something in the Clip Book and open Paint Shop Pro it
doesn't blank it out and remains available for pasting. ?????

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-

Hi Darrell. Did you ever get an answer on this. It seems to be an odd
reaction by Clipboard, and one my senior father-in-law is also grappling with.

"Darrell S" wrote:

> Darrell S wrote:
> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> > Perform the following:
> >
> > 1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: NEW > SHORTCUT
> > 2. In the Create Shortcut window, type in: CLIPBRD.EXE , and click
> > "Next" 3. In the next window, type in: ClipBook Viewer , and click
> > "Finish" 4. A ClipBook Viewer shortcut icon will appear on your Desktop.
> >
> > Hey! Nice tip. I did that and it works great. I've noticed that if
> > I copy something using PrtScn or Copy and then open Word, it is not
> > available to Paste. But if I first open Word, then go somewhere and
> > copy something, and then switch to the Word that's already open, it
> > is available for Paste. Will this shortcut make a Copy available
> > regardless?
> Well, I tried it. If I use Prtscn and open the Clip Book Viewer, the copy
> is there. But if I then open Word the copy goes blank. Any ideas? I've
> looked through the Word options hoping to find something that blanks the
> Clip Book when Word opens so I can uncheck that option. I can't find
> anything. If I have something in the Clip Book and open Paint Shop Pro it
> doesn't blank it out and remains available for pasting. ?????
>
> Darrell R. Schmidt
> B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
> -

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Please see my reply below.

hot1n wrote on Sat, 23 Jul 2005:

>Hi Darrell. Did you ever get an answer on this. It seems to be an odd
>reaction by Clipboard, and one my senior father-in-law is also grappling with.

>"Darrell S" wrote:

>> >I've noticed that if
>> > I copy something using PrtScn or Copy and then open Word, it is not
>> > available to Paste. But if I first open Word, then go somewhere and
>> > copy something, and then switch to the Word that's already open, it
>> > is available for Paste. Will this shortcut make a Copy available
>> > regardless?

>> Well, I tried it. If I use Prtscn and open the Clip Book Viewer, the copy
>> is there. But if I then open Word the copy goes blank. Any ideas? I've
>> looked through the Word options hoping to find something that blanks the
>> Clip Book when Word opens so I can uncheck that option. I can't find
>> anything. If I have something in the Clip Book and open Paint Shop Pro it
>> doesn't blank it out and remains available for pasting. ?????

Hi guys :)

First I wonder if you are, like me, using a copy of Word that came with
Works Suite, or if Works Suite is also installed? If so, what can cause
this problem is the Works Suite Add-in for Word.

If you delete this, it means that you no longer see Word "tasks" and
projects in the Works Launcher; so if you like to use Word this way, you
might want to keep it, and live with the Clipboard problem. Personally I
always use Word as a stand-alone app, so I deleted the Add-in (Control
Panel > Add/Remove Programs).

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl