difference between DVD+R and DVD-R

Viper_7

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
I know this is a newbie question but can somebody explain the difference between the two? Which one is better and why? Thanks.

pat

Expert
You see the numbers at the bottom of the thread list??? They are page number. And if you click on them, you'll see plenty of other post about the same subject.

So ...a little effort please!

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

DVD-R is the older technology but is the most compatable as far as playback is concerned on most Set Top Component DVD Players, which will be most critical when you burn DVDs to share with others, I haven't had any DVD-R burns not playback on any of my friends and family Players, but I have had Component Players refuse to playback the DVD+R, my personal Top of the line Panasonic unit being one of those, now DVD+R as far as computer Data and playback will virtually never be a problem, if it can burn it, it can read it. I hope that helps you.

I'm 4ryan6 and I approved this message!

pat

Expert
Did somebody once said "give a fish to somebody and you feed him for one day...show him how to fish and you feed him for his life"

And, from the top of this reply page:
"Fill out the form below to post a message on the forum.

Please make sure the Forum matches the topic of your post!
<b>It would be a good idea to search the Community to make sure you don't ask questions that might be already answered or discussed in another thread.</b> "

see, I just try to make him a better person...

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

As much as you've already typed, you could've actually answered the posters question.

Above all else this is a help site, if you don't want to take the time to answer their questions, just don't respond at all!

I'm 4ryan6 and I approved this message!

Viper_7

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
Thank you very much 4ryan6. Actually I would have done more research, but I was on a pocket pc. The internet is slow and not easy to navigate on one of those. Once again, thank you very much for the help.