Good 10-15 feet HDMI cables? (On Newegg)

The reviews and specifications on Newegg for HDMI cables are confusing the heck out of me. Can anybody just give me a straight answer, and tell me what a good, quality, 1080p 10-15 foot HDMI cable is? It'll be used to hook up an HD Cable box to an HDTV, if that matters. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about good feet hdmi cables newegg
  1. Er, anyone? I apologize, but I have no clue about anything involving HDTV connections, since I've always only used composite before.

Oh, one more thing: If I wanted to play 1080p video off my PC and watch it on my HDTV, would a DVI-HDMI cable do the job? Thanks for the help.
  2. Pretty much any 10-15' cable will do. Looking on Newegg, I'd probably go with the Link Depot one for $20. I do have a 25ft AMC VGA cable that works perfectly though.

Concerning connections, provided your PC has a DVI port and your graphics card is capable of displaying HDCP content. Then all you would need is a DVI to HDMI cable (this assumes your HDTV does have two HDMI ports - One for the cable/satellite box, one for the PC).

Hope this helps,
    -Wolf sends
  3. Okay, cool, thanks for the advice for both. Looks like I'll have to get ahold of another cable if I want to input my computer's audio into the TV, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem either.
  4. I know this is a bit late, but I've had great luck with cables from www.monoprice.com

Pretty damn cheap and good quality.
    I picked up a 25' DVI to HDMI for $20.00 and a 25' optical for $6.00.

For regular HDMI cables just make sure they are version 1.3a as they provide the best bandwidth.
  5. I've found www.mycablemart.com an excellent and very inexpensive source for all my cables
Ask a new question

Read More

HDTV Reviews Cable HDMI Home Theatre