Svchost.exe application error

I started getting the following error in Windows XP Pro SP2: 'The
instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced at memory at "0x00000000". The memory
could not be written. The options I am given are either 1- Click OK to
terminate or 2- Click cancel to debug. Either chose causes the error to
continue to come up.
3 answers Last reply
More about svchost application error

    "Joe Haas" <Joe Haas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I started getting the following error in Windows XP Pro SP2: 'The
    >instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced at memory at "0x00000000". The memory
    >could not be written. The options I am given are either 1- Click OK to
    >terminate or 2- Click cancel to debug. Either chose causes the error to
    >continue to come up.

    May be a problem with the RAM or some other hardware. First check if
    this occurs after a clean boot as well: "How to Perform a Clean Boot
    in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    Joe Haas wrote:
    > *I started getting the following error in Windows XP Pro SP2: 'The
    > instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced at memory at "0x00000000".
    > The memory
    > could not be written. The options I am given are either 1- Click OK
    > terminate or 2- Click cancel to debug. Either chose causes the error
    > continue to come up. *

    I too have this problem...has there been any solution found? It is a
    very persistant and annoying problem.

    --
    mbceres

    mbceres wrote:
    > *I too have this problem...has there been any solution found? It is
    > a very persistant and annoying problem. *

    Yes, it does still do it after a clean boot. My problem started when I
    loades some HP software for an Officejet 7310xi. I removed the software
    and the problem went away. I was told by HP that I should have gotten
    the Officejet 7410 with wireless capablities. I got a 7410 loades the
    software and presto, the problem returns. I have spent hours on the
    phone with HP... after trying everything they could think of, including
    a clean boot, they say it is a hardware problem and not a software
    problem...I am currently talking with Dell to resolve this issue. We
    have tried everything and we are even doing a Windows repair.
    Hmmmmmmmm...please help!

    --
    mbceres

Svchost.Exe Memory Windows XP