Svchost.exe application error

a b } Memory
July 14, 2005 10:36:01 AM

I started getting the following error in Windows XP Pro SP2: 'The
instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced at memory at "0x00000000". The memory
could not be written. The options I am given are either 1- Click OK to
terminate or 2- Click cancel to debug. Either chose causes the error to
continue to come up.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 20, 2005 2:07:44 PM

"Joe Haas" <Joe Haas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I started getting the following error in Windows XP Pro SP2: 'The
>instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced at memory at "0x00000000". The memory
>could not be written. The options I am given are either 1- Click OK to
>terminate or 2- Click cancel to debug. Either chose causes the error to
>continue to come up.

May be a problem with the RAM or some other hardware. First check if
this occurs after a clean boot as well: "How to Perform a Clean Boot
in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Joe Haas wrote:
> *I started getting the following error in Windows XP Pro SP2: 'The
> instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced at memory at "0x00000000".
> The memory
> could not be written. The options I am given are either 1- Click OK
> terminate or 2- Click cancel to debug. Either chose causes the error
> continue to come up. *

I too have this problem...has there been any solution found? It is a
very persistant and annoying problem.

--
mbceres
a b } Memory

mbceres wrote:
> *I too have this problem...has there been any solution found? It is
> a very persistant and annoying problem. *

Yes, it does still do it after a clean boot. My problem started when I
loades some HP software for an Officejet 7310xi. I removed the software
and the problem went away. I was told by HP that I should have gotten
the Officejet 7410 with wireless capablities. I got a 7410 loades the
software and presto, the problem returns. I have spent hours on the
phone with HP... after trying everything they could think of, including
a clean boot, they say it is a hardware problem and not a software
problem...I am currently talking with Dell to resolve this issue. We
have tried everything and we are even doing a Windows repair.
Hmmmmmmmm...please help!

--
mbceres