auto delete on start up or shutdown

I'm wanting to write a macro that will run when I start my computer or
shutdown my computer. Here's the deal, I use netzero as my ISP. Netzero is
constantly downloading ads that show up when I go to log on. Now the ads are
using audio which is even more annoying. Anyway, I found out where the files
are kept and I know the names. I'd like to write a file that auto exe's when
I turn on or off the computer. It would also be nice to have a function key
that would operate the auto delete. Any ideas on how to make this work???

Thanks in advance. "T"
3 answers Last reply
More about auto delete start shutdown

    You can create a batch file which deletes all the files or folders you
    specified and place the batch file in StartUP folder.

    "Terry K via WindowsKB.com" wrote:

    > I'm wanting to write a macro that will run when I start my computer or
    > shutdown my computer. Here's the deal, I use netzero as my ISP. Netzero is
    > constantly downloading ads that show up when I go to log on. Now the ads are
    > using audio which is even more annoying. Anyway, I found out where the files
    > are kept and I know the names. I'd like to write a file that auto exe's when
    > I turn on or off the computer. It would also be nice to have a function key
    > that would operate the auto delete. Any ideas on how to make this work???
    >
    > Thanks in advance. "T"

    Terry K via WindowsKB.com wrote:
    > I'm wanting to write a macro that will run when I start my computer or
    > shutdown my computer. Here's the deal, I use netzero as my ISP. Netzero is
    > constantly downloading ads that show up when I go to log on. Now the ads are
    > using audio which is even more annoying. Anyway, I found out where the files
    > are kept and I know the names. I'd like to write a file that auto exe's when
    > I turn on or off the computer. It would also be nice to have a function key
    > that would operate the auto delete. Any ideas on how to make this work???
    >
    > Thanks in advance. "T"
    perhaps write a batch file that deletes the files, and then make that a
    scheduled task (control panel -> scheduled tasks). Hmm ... a hot key to
    delete these folders? I'm not sure. How about using the quicklaunch
    toolbar or create a new toolbar that has a shortcut to that batch file.
    THe file might be:

    goaway.bat
    DEL /F /S /Q E:\ads\*.*

    And make "E:\ads\" the folder that contains the ads.

    --
    Evil criminals don't just catch themselves, ya know. Except for Dr. Van
    Kruglor's Self Catching robots. Those were just confusing.

    What lines would be in the batch file and would I write it in notepad????

    Thanks "T"

    Mark Man wrote:
    >You can create a batch file which deletes all the files or folders you
    >specified and place the batch file in StartUP folder.
    >
    >> I'm wanting to write a macro that will run when I start my computer or
    >> shutdown my computer. Here's the deal, I use netzero as my ISP. Netzero is
    >[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance. "T"

Internet Service Providers Computers Shutdown Windows XP