auto delete on start up or shutdown

I'm wanting to write a macro that will run when I start my computer or
shutdown my computer. Here's the deal, I use netzero as my ISP. Netzero is
constantly downloading ads that show up when I go to log on. Now the ads are
using audio which is even more annoying. Anyway, I found out where the files
are kept and I know the names. I'd like to write a file that auto exe's when
I turn on or off the computer. It would also be nice to have a function key
that would operate the auto delete. Any ideas on how to make this work???

Thanks in advance. "T"

You can create a batch file which deletes all the files or folders you
specified and place the batch file in StartUP folder.

"Terry K via WindowsKB.com" wrote:

> I'm wanting to write a macro that will run when I start my computer or
> shutdown my computer. Here's the deal, I use netzero as my ISP. Netzero is
> constantly downloading ads that show up when I go to log on. Now the ads are
> using audio which is even more annoying. Anyway, I found out where the files
> are kept and I know the names. I'd like to write a file that auto exe's when
> I turn on or off the computer. It would also be nice to have a function key
> that would operate the auto delete. Any ideas on how to make this work???
>
> Thanks in advance. "T"

Ash

Terry K via WindowsKB.com wrote:
> I'm wanting to write a macro that will run when I start my computer or
> shutdown my computer. Here's the deal, I use netzero as my ISP. Netzero is
> constantly downloading ads that show up when I go to log on. Now the ads are
> using audio which is even more annoying. Anyway, I found out where the files
> are kept and I know the names. I'd like to write a file that auto exe's when
> I turn on or off the computer. It would also be nice to have a function key
> that would operate the auto delete. Any ideas on how to make this work???
>
> Thanks in advance. "T"
perhaps write a batch file that deletes the files, and then make that a
scheduled task (control panel -> scheduled tasks). Hmm ... a hot key to
delete these folders? I'm not sure. How about using the quicklaunch
toolbar or create a new toolbar that has a shortcut to that batch file.
THe file might be:

goaway.bat
DEL /F /S /Q E:\ads\*.*

And make "E:\ads\" the folder that contains the ads.

--
Evil criminals don't just catch themselves, ya know. Except for Dr. Van
Kruglor's Self Catching robots. Those were just confusing.

What lines would be in the batch file and would I write it in notepad????

Thanks "T"