registry corruption issue

I was having a problem getting XP-pro to load with the "cannot find
windows/system/config type error -- went thru the directions in the
307545 directions for corrupt registry fix -- I could not get a restore
point to work -- which was the final direction in 307545 but now system
starts OK. However, still getting some problems with system shutting
down and restarting with the "recovered from serious error" message, tho
is happening less than before. This still always happens when I do a
antiviral search with NAV2005 and the virus screen never finishes.
Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Dan Conrad wrote:

> I was having a problem getting XP-pro to load with the "cannot find
> windows/system/config type error -- went thru the directions in the
> 307545 directions for corrupt registry fix -- I could not get a restore
> point to work -- which was the final direction in 307545 but now system
> starts OK. However, still getting some problems with system shutting
> down and restarting with the "recovered from serious error" message, tho
> is happening less than before. This still always happens when I do a
> antiviral search with NAV2005 and the virus screen never finishes.
> Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822705

Also use ERUNT to make a backup of the registry that you can use to
recover the system if it happens again.

Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS