Adding a number onto a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwatson69

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Is there any of the digital SLR's that can put a 5 digit number on the picture like a date stamp would? We are looking a camera that would add this to the picture instead of using a watermark or something else to label the picture after they are uploaded to a computer.
Thanks,
Chuck

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
May I ask why do you need it on the picture?

The properties of the pictures will tell you when the photos were taken and what kind of camera and the settings used if it shot by a digital camera, even cellphone cameras.

However I never seen an D-SLR camera that add titles.

You should ask the camera shop if they have any.

cwatson69

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
We take record pictures of all of our machines at work. We currently are using 35mm film. We print a label with the job number and put it on the back side of the picture. What we are wanting to start taking digital pictures with a digital SLR. If we could put this number on the picture then if someone makes a print of these then that number will already be on the picture without needing to label what machine it was for.
I think the only thing that we are going to be able to do is put a watermark type label on the pictures.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I see why you needed that but you need to check the photography store that it.

I remember when I had my canon elph, It has that feature but it's hard to find that feature on newer digital cameras, I guess beacuse of softwares they now include on their cameras?

I hope you can find that camera or you just have to use the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.