When using Ctrl Click and Delete in XP

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I hold down the Ctrl Key and Left Click on certain files in a directory. When
I Press the Delete key the files are deleting leaving me with copies.

Strange because using the process on four files works OK. If you go to Five
files I am getting duplicates
--
Gary

You have to be really careful so that you do not move your mouse. It takes
some practice. I have this happen to me once in a while and it is annoying,
especially with a *large* number of files.

Moving your mouse is what's creating the copies. Windows thinks that you're
dragging those files.

Dragging files with the left mouse button while holding down the Ctrl key
forces a Copy of those files.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes