WARCRAFT III HELP ME NOW!

Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2005 3:27:30 PM

Hello, im sure yall know me by now. when i go to play Warcraft III ROC or
TFT on Battle.Net, it always says "Your internet connection has been
lost"... I am in the middle of a game sometimes and it creates horrable lag

please help if u can
-------------------
commander of lost souls ^^

More about : warcraft iii

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:16:09 PM

Hi,

"cmdr of lost souls" <cmdr_of_lost_souls@punkass.com> wrote in message news:%23ZXQiHtjFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| Hello, im sure yall know me by now. when i go to play Warcraft III ROC or
| TFT on Battle.Net, it always says "Your internet connection has been
| lost"... I am in the middle of a game sometimes and it creates horrable lag
|
| please help if u can
| -------------------
| commander of lost souls ^^

I don't want to overwhelm you with information, nor do I want to make you
wait for more suggestions if my first instincts are incorrect. For this reason,
here's a fairly complete checklist of solutions, which should solve the problem.

Remember, if there is a step that you feel unsure about, we are here to help
you. Just post your questions and we'll do our very best to help you further.

A new section for Windows XP Service Pack 2 issues has been added.
With that said, here's the checklist of troubleshooting steps for you! :-)

HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CONNECTION:

1. Run this SPEED TEST: http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

2. Download the TCP Optimizer Utility: http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

3. Double click the program to start it:

4. Select the type of connection you're using: DSL, Dialup, DSL (PPPoE),
or Cable, then click "Optimal settings", click Apply changes, and click Exit.

5. Reboot and run the SPEED TEST again. Notice any improvement? If not,
then the Internet "highway" that you're using may be under heavy traffic or
construction. I have a webpage you can use to examine that possibility:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/TraceRoute.html

WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2:
Microsoft Published some articles to resolve SP2 gaming issues:
1. http://support.microsoft.com//kb/875363
and 2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842242

I've found that some solutions which have worked so far which includes:

1. Update your Video Drivers:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video

2. Update your System Drivers:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v11

3. Adjust your BIOS Settings:
Set AGP Aperture size in bios to 128
Go to your AGP settings and make sure it is set to the highest
AGP aperture, AGP fastwrite enabled, AGP writes, reads and
synchronization enabled. There's more ideas linked directly here:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v15 (try the other steps too).

4. Check for a game update

5. Update your BIOS firmware.

Additional Resources:

Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2

Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...

ADDITIONAL CONNECTIVITY TIPS:

1. Extra items in your Networking Properties Components list may confuse and
delay your system while it's connecting as it has to choose which component to
transfer the data through. Solution: Remove unnecessary network Components.
If you don't use dial up, replace "Dial Up Adapter" with "Network Adapter" in:
these instructions: http://www.oregoncoast.com/configuration/ConfigNetwork....
* If you don't use a Dialup Modem, delete it. In 99% of cases VPN components
aren't used, so you can safely delete those as well.

2. Advanced Users should Reinstall ICS and Networking Components:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q263276 Or..
another advice would be to simply unplug the computer, remove the card
you connect to the internet with, and then restart the computer to verify that there
is no longer anything installed in the Control Panel / Networking section.
Once done power off, unplug, reinstall the card, and create a new connection.

3. Lag/Latency can be caused by your Modem or Network Cards and by other
programs running on your system. Firewalls and even AntiVirus programs have
been know to slow a connection down. You can disable startup programs using the
method explained at: http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm.

4. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de and/or
Adaware (www.lavasoftusa.com) to remove any Spyware/Adware.

5. If you use a Router, or similar networking/internet sharing device, check for
firmware updates. There's been a lot of improvements with the release of DX 9.0b
which you should download and install from: www.microsoft.com/directx

IF DISCONNECTED WHILE PLAYING:

1. Disconnects can be caused by your Modem or Network Cards and by other
programs running on your system. See above for help disabling those programs.

2. Another reason for disconnects could be an external router or modem that has
overheated. Try unplugging it for awhile, and contact your ISP to see if they have
a newer model if the problem keeps recurring.

3. Check for IRQ sharing: Click START / Run / type: msinfo32 / ENTER
Expand + Hardware Resources / Click on IRQ and notice if the sound card, video
card(s), and modem/network cards share the same IRQ. If they do, move them into
different slots, to prevent bottlenecks caused by too much traffic on the same IRQ.

4. Further to step 3., Make certain that your Network adapter or Internal Modem
is not in the slot directly beside the graphics card, as those two must be separate.

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:

More information on the topic of online gaming connections is available at:

http://NibblesNbitsConnect.tk my site and the reference for this reply to you includes
Ports listings, Router configuration settings, ICS, DSL, Cable and Networking help.

Dialup Tips: http://www.56k.com/trouble/#disconn
Zone.com Dialup Tips: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q228564

Hope that's been of help, please let me know how it went. :-)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

July 29, 2005 2:56:04 AM

Thank you very much...
----------
Commander Of Lost Souls ^_^
"Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> "cmdr of lost souls" <cmdr_of_lost_souls@punkass.com> wrote in message
> | Hello, im sure yall know me by now. when i go to play Warcraft III ROC
or
> | TFT on Battle.Net, it always says "Your internet connection has been
> | lost"... I am in the middle of a game sometimes and it creates horrable
lag

> | please help if u can
> | -------------------
> | commander of lost souls ^^
> |

> I don't want to overwhelm you with information, nor do I want to make you
> wait for more suggestions if my first instincts are incorrect. For this
reason,
> here's a fairly complete checklist of solutions, which should solve the
problem.

> Remember, if there is a step that you feel unsure about, we are here to
help
> you. Just post your questions and we'll do our very best to help you
further.

> A new section for Windows XP Service Pack 2 issues has been added.
> With that said, here's the checklist of troubleshooting steps for you!
:-)

> [...]
the same IRQ.

> 4. Further to step 3., Make certain that your Network adapter or Internal
Modem
> is not in the slot directly beside the graphics card, as those two
must be separate.

> ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
>
> More information on the topic of online gaming connections is available
at:

> http://NibblesNbitsConnect.tk my site and the reference for this reply to
you includes
> Ports listings, Router configuration settings, ICS, DSL, Cable and
Networking help.

> Dialup Tips: http://www.56k.com/trouble/#disconn
> Zone.com Dialup Tips:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q228564

> Hope that's been of help, please let me know how it went. :-)

Contact