New Movie: Kung Fu Mahjong

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

"Kung fu and mahjong - two essential elements that make up the hodgepodge of
what we know as Chinese culture - play starring roles in one of Hong Kong
cinema's latest offerings."
http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2005/6/7/movies/11131638&sec=movies

Simon Davosi

--
American Code Of Laws For Mah-Jongg: http://tinyurl.com/445ld
8 answers Last reply

    Just back from watching it.
    It's a hoot. Kung Fu Hustle was funnier, but this one will be of greater
    interest to Mahjong fans.
    The 'ten secrets' of mahjong are hilarious.
    :)

    Regards,
    Keng Ho

    "Simon Davosi" <mahjong@nospam.xx> wrote in message
    > "Kung fu and mahjong - two essential elements that make up the hodgepodge
    of
    > what we know as Chinese culture - play starring roles in one of Hong Kong
    > cinema's latest offerings."

    http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2005/6/7/movies/11131638&sec=movies

    > Simon Davosi
    >
    > --
    > American Code Of Laws For Mah-Jongg: http://tinyurl.com/445ld

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    Sounds really interesting, but is apparently only playing in Malaysia at
    this time. Anybody know when and if it will come to the U.S.? Or is there
    anywhere to get a DVD of it?

    --
    Join the fun! Join the forum!
    http://www.coloradoflyfishing.us

    Playing in Singapore too!
    :)
    "Michael P. Thompson" <michaelpthompson@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Sounds really interesting, but is apparently only playing in Malaysia at
    > this time. Anybody know when and if it will come to the U.S.? Or is there
    > anywhere to get a DVD of it?
    >
    > On 6/10/05 10:40 AM, in article d8ccs0$vsf$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg,
    "Pwee
    > Keng Ho" <kengho@singmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Just back from watching it.
    > > It's a hoot. Kung Fu Hustle was funnier, but this one will be of greater
    > > interest to Mahjong fans.
    > > The 'ten secrets' of mahjong are hilarious.
    > > :)
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Keng Ho
    > >
    > > "Simon Davosi" <mahjong@nospam.xx> wrote in message
    > >> "Kung fu and mahjong - two essential elements that make up the
    hodgepodge
    > > of
    > >> what we know as Chinese culture - play starring roles in one of Hong
    Kong
    > >> cinema's latest offerings."

    http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2005/6/7/movies/11131638&sec
    > > =movies
    >

    > --
    > Join the fun! Join the forum!
    > http://www.coloradoflyfishing.us

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    On 6/11/05 9:38 AM, in article d8eumk$ptp$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg, "Pwee Keng
    Ho" <kengho@singmail.com> wrote:

    > Playing in Singapore too!

    That's wonderful, but a bit too far away from here for me.

    --
    Join the fun! Join the forum!
    http://www.coloradoflyfishing.us
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    On 2005-07-05 01:00:00 +0200, "Michael P. Thompson"
    <michaelpthompson@comcast.net> said:

    > On 6/11/05 9:38 AM, in article d8eumk$ptp$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg, "Pwee Keng
    > Ho" <kengho@singmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Playing in Singapore too!
    >
    > That's wonderful, but a bit too far away from here for me.

    We will just have to wait for the DVD, I suppose. Although a movie like
    "Kung Fu Hustler" is quite popular in Dutch cinemas.

    Greetz

    --

    |Martin Rep
    |The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
    |Mahjong News:
    |www.mahjongnews.com
    |The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
    |www.riichi.tk
    |The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
    |www.gouden-draak.nl
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    Well, I see the VCD is already available here since the film stopped
    screening in the cinemas. They're rather quick with that for Chinese movies
    here.

    "Martin Rep" <mrep@mahjongnews.com> wrote in message
    > On 2005-07-05 01:00:00 +0200, "Michael P. Thompson"
    > <michaelpthompson@comcast.net> said:
    >
    > > On 6/11/05 9:38 AM, in article d8eumk$ptp$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg, "Pwee
    Keng
    > > Ho" <kengho@singmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Playing in Singapore too!
    > >
    > > That's wonderful, but a bit too far away from here for me.
    >
    > We will just have to wait for the DVD, I suppose. Although a movie like
    > "Kung Fu Hustler" is quite popular in Dutch cinemas.
    >
    > Greetz
    >

    > --
    >

    > |Martin Rep
    > |The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
    > |Mahjong News:
    > |www.mahjongnews.com
    > |The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
    > |www.riichi.tk
    > |The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
    > |www.gouden-draak.nl

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    On 2005-07-16 17:58:45 +0200, "Pwee Keng Ho" <kengho@singmail.com> said:

    > Well, I see the VCD is already available here since the film stopped
    > screening in the cinemas. They're rather quick with that for Chinese movies
    > here.
    >
    > "Martin Rep" <mrep@mahjongnews.com> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-07-05 01:00:00 +0200, "Michael P. Thompson"
    >> <michaelpthompson@comcast.net> said:
    >>
    >>> On 6/11/05 9:38 AM, in article d8eumk$ptp$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg, "Pwee
    > Keng

    >>> That's wonderful, but a bit too far away from here for me.
    >>
    >> We will just have to wait for the DVD, I suppose. Although a movie like
    >> "Kung Fu Hustler" is quite popular in Dutch cinemas.

    I suppose YesAsia.com will be the best address for the DVD. Soon.

    --

    |Martin Rep
    |The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
    |Mahjong News:
    |www.mahjongnews.com
    |The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
    |www.riichi.tk
    |The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
    |www.gouden-draak.nl
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    On 2005-07-16 22:48:02 +0200, Martin Rep <mrep@mahjongnews.com> said:

    > On 2005-07-16 17:58:45 +0200, "Pwee Keng Ho" <kengho@singmail.com> said:
    >
    >> Well, I see the VCD is already available here since the film stopped
    >> screening in the cinemas. They're rather quick with that for Chinese movies
    >> here.

    I bought it.
    See http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=20484
    It's not bad, but not much better than 'Fat Choi Spirit' either
    (http://www.mahjongnews.com/video.htm)
    Cheerz!

    --

    |Martin Rep
    |The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
    |Mahjong News:
    |www.mahjongnews.com
    |The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
    |www.riichi.tk
    |The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
    |www.gouden-draak.nl

Movies American Games Video Games