Taking leagl action against Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and is
poor quality.

I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my call.

I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.

Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them, but
I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
they've dealt with them.

It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
problem.

Tony wrote:

>I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and is
>poor quality.
>
>I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my call.
>
>I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
>
>Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them, but
>I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
>they've dealt with them.
>
>It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
>problem.

Dell seems to be very good at honoring their warranties. You can't get
anyone at Dell to discuss warranty issues with you?

You'll have to go with binding arbitration to settle a dispute - if you read
your terms of sale, it has that clause as your recourse in case of a
dispute. Basically, the agreement voids your right to sue - you must submit
to arbitration.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~section=012

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and is
> poor quality.
>
> I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my
call.

> I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
>
> Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them,
but
> I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
> they've dealt with them.
>
> It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
> problem.

Molly

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

I wonder what is wrong with the computer. Have you tried contacting tech
support/ customer care by email.

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and is
> poor quality.
>
> I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my
call.

> I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
>
> Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them,
but
> I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
> they've dealt with them.
>
> It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
> problem.

Or asking here.
"Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I wonder what is wrong with the computer. Have you tried contacting tech
> support/ customer care by email.
>
> "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> > I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and
is
> > poor quality.
> >
> > I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my
> call.
> >
> > I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
> >
> > Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them,
> but
> > I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
> > they've dealt with them.
> >
> > It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
> > problem.

Tony;
Did you inform Dell within a reasonable time you wanted to return the
computer?
Did you contact your CC company to have the charges reversed?

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised
and is
> poor quality.
>
> I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return
my call.

> I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
>
> Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against
them, but
> I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and
how
> they've dealt with them.
>
> It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer
has a
> problem.

you need to understand that salespeople do nothing but sell. customer
service or tech support is who you need to talk to after the sale to resolve
any problems. if you are within 30 days (shorter under some circumstances)
of the original ship date then call customer service to discuss your problem
and if you don't like what they have to say then request return
authorization. if you are outside of the first 30 days then call technical
support for warranty service. after trying either of these routes you find
yourself still frustrated then send off an email to michael_dell@dell.com.
that will get you to the presidents office and will ensure a response in
short order. if that all fails then do as stew suggests and also complain
to the bbb.org. and if you just want to be a thorn in their side then go
ahead and sue them in small claims court. it may be dismissed due to the
terms of agreement of the sale but you may find some satisfaction in costing
them as much in legal fees as they cost you for your computer.

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and is
> poor quality.
>
> I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my
call.

> I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
>
> Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them,
but
> I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
> they've dealt with them.
>
> It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
> problem.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Many thanks for the info

I am extremely angry!

After calling Dell about a dozen times, I find that none of my messages are
replied to.

I was lied to, to make a sale, and now find that I have to try to talk to
someone in India who doesn't speak English, and can't understand what I'm
saying.

After repeating the same statement three times I just hang up.. what's the
point.

I am a journalist, and if this goes to the UK small claims court, I'll put
out a Press Release and get the maximum press publicity, to warn other
potential customers. Its just not right to sell a product that isn't what
was promissed, then refuse to talk to the customer. That's fraud.

How does arbitrations work.. is this done through the courts?

I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier. They
have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold of the guy
who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no reply.

What on earth can I do, speaking to some poor guy in Bangaloor who can
barely hear me over a crackled line, as I try to explain the situation, he
just keeps repeating a sentance, unable to understand what I'm saying.

If I entered into this contract with Dell under false prommise, I wonder if
it is still valid. I really need to talk to my lawyer about this. But I will
be very happy to see them in court. Perhaps then they'll return my F*******
phone calls!

OK, we get it. You're angry. Tell us useful information -- like the
details.

Dell doesn't care if you have a press release or publicity.

The angrier you get, the less inclined anyone, including us, are likely to
care.

Tom
> Many thanks for the info
>
> I am extremely angry!
>

> After calling Dell about a dozen times, I find that none of my messages
are
> replied to.
>
> I was lied to, to make a sale, and now find that I have to try to talk to
> someone in India who doesn't speak English, and can't understand what I'm
> saying.
>

> After repeating the same statement three times I just hang up.. what's the
> point.
>
> I am a journalist, and if this goes to the UK small claims court, I'll put
> out a Press Release and get the maximum press publicity, to warn other
> potential customers. Its just not right to sell a product that isn't what
> was promissed, then refuse to talk to the customer. That's fraud.
>
> How does arbitrations work.. is this done through the courts?
>

> I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier. They
> have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold of the guy
> who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no reply.
>
> What on earth can I do, speaking to some poor guy in Bangaloor who can
> barely hear me over a crackled line, as I try to explain the situation, he
> just keeps repeating a sentance, unable to understand what I'm saying.
>
> If I entered into this contract with Dell under false prommise, I wonder
if
> it is still valid. I really need to talk to my lawyer about this. But I
will
> be very happy to see them in court. Perhaps then they'll return my
F*******
> phone calls!

Are you familiar with the Dell Community Forums (on the Dell web site)? Are
you familiar with the very many sources of information available on the
Internet? Including those aimed specifically at Dell users? Do you have
local user groups where you live? Do you know how to use usenet?

We haven't heard Dell's side of your story. Judging from your posts, I
wouldn't be inclined to return your phone calls either.

Rocky

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> Many thanks for the info
>
> I am extremely angry!
>

> After calling Dell about a dozen times, I find that none of my messages
are
> replied to.
>
> I was lied to, to make a sale, and now find that I have to try to talk to
> someone in India who doesn't speak English, and can't understand what I'm
> saying.
>

> After repeating the same statement three times I just hang up.. what's the
> point.
>
> I am a journalist, and if this goes to the UK small claims court, I'll put
> out a Press Release and get the maximum press publicity, to warn other
> potential customers. Its just not right to sell a product that isn't what
> was promissed, then refuse to talk to the customer. That's fraud.
>
> How does arbitrations work.. is this done through the courts?
>

> I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier. They
> have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold of the guy
> who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no reply.
>
> What on earth can I do, speaking to some poor guy in Bangaloor who can
> barely hear me over a crackled line, as I try to explain the situation, he
> just keeps repeating a sentance, unable to understand what I'm saying.
>
> If I entered into this contract with Dell under false prommise, I wonder
if
> it is still valid. I really need to talk to my lawyer about this. But I
will
> be very happy to see them in court. Perhaps then they'll return my
F*******
> phone calls!

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

No Rocket, I've never been on the internet, I've never heard of the Dell
website, and I didn't know about local groups.

I've spent the last 10 years living in a cave in the Himalayas, and was only
introduced to the internet last week, when I emerged from my mountain
retreat. That's why I'm on this newsgrop now, because I don't know anything
about the internet.

Dear boy, you appear to be under the illusion that you can mind read as
well, is this a common problem?

The Dell Community Forums are excellent, and I have used them often, as well
as other resources.

You haven't heard Dell's side of the story, certainly, but then trying to
imagine where I've been, and getting it wrong, then being snippy about it
isn't very clever either.

If you can't contribute something, then best be quiet. Attempts at sarcastic
put downs, based on made up assumptions, are not impressive.

"Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
> Are you familiar with the Dell Community Forums (on the Dell web site)?
Are
> you familiar with the very many sources of information available on the
> Internet? Including those aimed specifically at Dell users? Do you have
> local user groups where you live? Do you know how to use usenet?
>
> We haven't heard Dell's side of your story. Judging from your posts, I
> wouldn't be inclined to return your phone calls either.
>
> Rocky
>
> "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> > Many thanks for the info
> >
> > I am extremely angry!
> >

> > After calling Dell about a dozen times, I find that none of my messages
> are
> > replied to.
> >
> > I was lied to, to make a sale, and now find that I have to try to talk
> > someone in India who doesn't speak English, and can't understand what
I'm
> > saying.
> >

> > After repeating the same statement three times I just hang up.. what's
the
> > point.
> >
> > I am a journalist, and if this goes to the UK small claims court, I'll
put
> > out a Press Release and get the maximum press publicity, to warn other
> > potential customers. Its just not right to sell a product that isn't
what
> > was promissed, then refuse to talk to the customer. That's fraud.
> >
> > How does arbitrations work.. is this done through the courts?
> >

> > I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier.
They
> > have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold of the
guy
> > who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no reply.
> >
> > What on earth can I do, speaking to some poor guy in Bangaloor who can
> > barely hear me over a crackled line, as I try to explain the situation,
he
> > just keeps repeating a sentance, unable to understand what I'm saying.
> >
> > If I entered into this contract with Dell under false prommise, I wonder
> if
> > it is still valid. I really need to talk to my lawyer about this. But I
> will
> > be very happy to see them in court. Perhaps then they'll return my
> F*******
> > phone calls!

So what is preventing you from sharing the details of your problem?

Tom

> Thanks Robert
>
> The sites look interesting. I'm not on a crusade against Dell, I found
them
> good, previously.
>
> Its nice to talk so someone who's helpful and pleasant, as opposed to
other
> people, best not mentioned.
>

> Tony

Tony,

It's a standing joke in here and, in fact, has come to be expected that
anyone who dares to criticise Dell on this newsgroup gets labelled as a
troll.

In fairness, there are only a handful (mainly regulars) who resort to such
labelling and, by and large, they are best killfiled anyway.

In general, you'll find that if you post full details of your problem there
will be plenty of helpful responses.

By and large, Dell's hardware is some of the best around, it's their
customer service (as you've found) that's gone to ratshit. But that's
symptomatic of an industry where we want better and better equipped machines
for less and less pounds, shillings and pence.

As for the UK vs USA consumer laws, I'm surprised that, as a journalist, you
weren't aware of the fact that UK laws are a joke. Never heard of Rip-off
Britain?

Good luck, I hope that by posting your problem here the very helpful members
on this group will be able to point you in the right direction.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Thanks Queen.

I must say I was astounded at the bitter hostility from these idiots, the
insults and sarcasm, to a pretty innocent question. But that's life eh...
99% people are great, and 1% are idiots like Christopher Muto and Rocket.

Well I bitched to Dell, and they called back, I was suprised to find they
offered me a part cash refund.

I took it, which is good, but to be honest my screen's poor quality, and I
wish I'd just got a good quality screen and paid the extra money. I've a
good mind to call back and still return it. I can get a screen from Samsung
that's far better quality, but I just don't have the time to go through the
whole thing.

But I appreciate Dell making the offer, it was a suprise.

The whole things been a nightmare, glad its over. I like Dell, but the fact
remains that if I'd have bought from a UK dealer, I could have dealt with
the problem right away.

I lived in the US and UK and have found the UK consumer laws much better
than the US., though I'm not an expert, I have found that the UK has very
strict rulles on advertising, which the US does not have, and the UK has
Trading Standards, the ASA and other organisations which actively
investigate and prosecute companies.

Once tried to advertise on radio and spent 2 months negotiating with the
authorities. I've felt much better protected here. But that might just be my
experience.

If I buy from Dell again, I won't get one of their TFT screens, that's for
sure.

Cheers

"Mary Queen of Scots" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Robert
> >
> > The sites look interesting. I'm not on a crusade against Dell, I found
> them
> > good, previously.
> >
> > Its nice to talk so someone who's helpful and pleasant, as opposed to
> other
> > people, best not mentioned.
> >

> > Tony
> >

> Tony,
>
> It's a standing joke in here and, in fact, has come to be expected that
> anyone who dares to criticise Dell on this newsgroup gets labelled as a
> troll.
>
> In fairness, there are only a handful (mainly regulars) who resort to such
> labelling and, by and large, they are best killfiled anyway.
>
> In general, you'll find that if you post full details of your problem
there
> will be plenty of helpful responses.
>
> By and large, Dell's hardware is some of the best around, it's their
> customer service (as you've found) that's gone to ratshit. But that's
> symptomatic of an industry where we want better and better equipped
machines
> for less and less pounds, shillings and pence.
>
> As for the UK vs USA consumer laws, I'm surprised that, as a journalist,
you
> weren't aware of the fact that UK laws are a joke. Never heard of Rip-off
> Britain?
>
> Good luck, I hope that by posting your problem here the very helpful
members
> on this group will be able to point you in the right direction.

Still not going to tell us what was wrong?

Starting to believe the whole thing was made up.

> [...]
> >
> > In general, you'll find that if you post full details of your problem
> there
> > will be plenty of helpful responses.
> >
> > By and large, Dell's hardware is some of the best around, it's their
> > customer service (as you've found) that's gone to ratshit. But that's
> > symptomatic of an industry where we want better and better equipped
> machines
> > for less and less pounds, shillings and pence.
> >
> > As for the UK vs USA consumer laws, I'm surprised that, as a journalist,
> you
> > weren't aware of the fact that UK laws are a joke. Never heard of
Rip-off
> > Britain?
> >
> > Good luck, I hope that by posting your problem here the very helpful
> members
> > on this group will be able to point you in the right direction.

stupid squirrel and stupid responses. everybody has gotten used to it but
still wishes the squirrel had a brain. pay no attention to dumb squirrel
and keep posting. he'll eventually go play with his nuts.

> [...]
> > >

> > > I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier.
> They
> > > have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold of the
> guy
> > > who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no reply.
> > >
> > > What on earth can I do, speaking to some poor guy in Bangaloor who can
> > > barely hear me over a crackled line, as I try to explain the
situation,
> he
> > > just keeps repeating a sentance, unable to understand what I'm saying.
> > >
> > > If I entered into this contract with Dell under false prommise, I
wonder
> > if
> > > it is still valid. I really need to talk to my lawyer about this. But
> > will
> > > be very happy to see them in court. Perhaps then they'll return my

Tony;
Several times it was suggested you post details of your issues with
the computer and you seem to have ignored all of them.
Whether you intend to or not, you are seen as wanting to complain with
no real interest of in finding a solution to your problem.

Perhaps you should start over in a different forum:
http://forum.aumha.org/
or
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> Many thanks for the info
>
> I am extremely angry!
>

> After calling Dell about a dozen times, I find that none of my
messages are
> replied to.
>
> I was lied to, to make a sale, and now find that I have to try to
talk to
> someone in India who doesn't speak English, and can't understand
what I'm
> saying.
>

> After repeating the same statement three times I just hang up..
what's the
> point.
>
> I am a journalist, and if this goes to the UK small claims court,
I'll put
> out a Press Release and get the maximum press publicity, to warn
other
> potential customers. Its just not right to sell a product that isn't
what
> was promissed, then refuse to talk to the customer. That's fraud.
>
> How does arbitrations work.. is this done through the courts?
>

> I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier.
They
> have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold of
the guy
> who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no reply.
>
> What on earth can I do, speaking to some poor guy in Bangaloor who
can
> barely hear me over a crackled line, as I try to explain the
situation, he
> just keeps repeating a sentance, unable to understand what I'm
saying.

> If I entered into this contract with Dell under false prommise, I
wonder if
> it is still valid. I really need to talk to my lawyer about this.
But I will
> be very happy to see them in court. Perhaps then they'll return my
F*******
> phone calls!

that is hardly true. this guy comes here to wine, not to solve his problem.
after he gets helpful replies form several people that even commiserate with
his unarticulated problem he returns to complain more. not just one time
more either, but in response to nearly every reply he got... that is just a
worthless waste of his time, and, more importantly, the time of everyone
else's that reads this group. like those whiney web site that you mentioned
that don't solve anything and just make miserable people happy that they are
not alone, he isn't looking to solve anything but his emotional sores for
feeling like a victim of some self educed tragedy. lets seem him use his
well honed journalistic skills to convince me and everyone else otherwise...
he most certainly won't impress a judge or arbitrator (unless his goal is to
garner a highly negative impression).

Tony wrote:

> I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier.
> They have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold
> of the guy who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no
> reply.

Don't know about Simply, but Dabs are an Internet-Only dealer. Quoting from
their website, "dabs.com is an Internet retailer and a business whose main
way of communicating with its customers and other groups (e.g. suppliers and
the press), is via e-mail. ". You won't get hold of the 'guy who sold you
the PC', because there isn't one. The lack of real people on real phone
lines is what makes their prices so low. And No, you won't get special
access to them just because you are a 'Journalist'.

I think for future purchases you should approach a local consultant or small
systems reseller; see the equipment before you buy it, and talk to real
people. You're then less likely to be disappointed.

--
Pete.

tanya

Tony wrote:

> I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and is
> poor quality.
>
> I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my call.
>
> I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
>
> Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them, but
> I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
> they've dealt with them.
> It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
> problem.

hi Tony,
it would be interesting to know about the machine and the symptoms
SOOoo
for a start:
what are you writing about?
- laptop
- pc
- server?

what is the cpu
- celeron / pentium etc
- speed
etc.

memory?
amount?
kind?

what is the primary problem?
error msgs? slowness ? spontaneous reboots?
what error messages do you get
for ex: blue screens onBoot?
windows errors when? what programs are running?

did it ever work?

how long ago did you get it?

what have you done so far to troubleshoot the machine?
(the above is certainly not complete but just for a start:)

sincerely,
Tanya

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Yes Tom, the greatest joy of my life is to go on newsgroups full of nerds
and make up fake problems so I can talk about them.

Lord knows, I've nothing better to do with my time than be insulted by
pinheads doing mind reading acts and trying to make up clever insults.

The thing wrong with my screen is its piss poor quality, that's it.

> [...]
> > >
> > > In general, you'll find that if you post full details of your problem
> > there
> > > will be plenty of helpful responses.
> > >
> > > By and large, Dell's hardware is some of the best around, it's their
> > > customer service (as you've found) that's gone to ratshit. But that's
> > > symptomatic of an industry where we want better and better equipped
> > machines
> > > for less and less pounds, shillings and pence.
> > >
> > > As for the UK vs USA consumer laws, I'm surprised that, as a
journalist,
> > you
> > > weren't aware of the fact that UK laws are a joke. Never heard of
> Rip-off
> > > Britain?
> > >
> > > Good luck, I hope that by posting your problem here the very helpful
> > members
> > > on this group will be able to point you in the right direction.

Tanya.

Its a bog standard Dell Dimension, 256, XP, 40G, P4, cheep screen.

Tried re-adjusting the settings, tried playing around with the settings and
doing a Default re-set. Not much difference.

The system works great, but the screen quality is below the Samsung 172V I
used to own. That screen had far better colours, and clearness.

Thanks

"Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Tony wrote:
>
> > I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and
is
> > poor quality.
> >
> > I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my
call.

> > I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
> >
> > Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them,
but
> > I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
> > they've dealt with them.
> > It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
> > problem.
>
> hi Tony,
> it would be interesting to know about the machine and the symptoms
> SOOoo
> for a start:
> what are you writing about?
> - laptop
> - pc
> - server?
>
> what is the cpu
> - celeron / pentium etc
> - speed
> etc.
>
> memory?
> amount?
> kind?
>
> what is the primary problem?
> error msgs? slowness ? spontaneous reboots?
> what error messages do you get
> for ex: blue screens onBoot?
> windows errors when? what programs are running?
>
> did it ever work?
>
> how long ago did you get it?
>
> what have you done so far to troubleshoot the machine?
> (the above is certainly not complete but just for a start:)
>
> sincerely,
> Tanya

tanya

hi Tony,
is it a dell monitor?
is there a manual for it?
fwiw i have never been able to understand dell monitors
this is what i'd suggest:
try another monitor that would rule out a video card problem sort of -- below
try the cheep monitor on a working system -- and post back (actually post back
as much as possible -- answers to the above and below :)
did the monitor come w/ the system?
just wonder whether the monitor IS compatible with your video card?
also you might benefit from updating the video drivers
sorry -- but i am not clear re the monitor issues:
does the resolution appear too low? e.g.. flicker
i am certain that some of the people in this ng will be able to help
if it's a dell monitor and you tell them (or better email them) that the monitor
is poor quality, they should be able to help adjust it.
sincerely,
Tanya

Tony wrote:

> Tanya.
>
> Its a bog standard Dell Dimension, 256, XP, 40G, P4, cheep screen.
>
> Tried re-adjusting the settings, tried playing around with the settings and
> doing a Default re-set. Not much difference.
>
> The system works great, but the screen quality is below the Samsung 172V I
> used to own. That screen had far better colours, and clearness.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Tony wrote:
> >
> > > I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised and
> is
> > > poor quality.
> > >
> > > I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not return my
> call.
> > >
> > > I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
> > >
> > > Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against them,
> but
> > > I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and how
> > > they've dealt with them.
> > > It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer has a
> > > problem.
> >
> > hi Tony,
> > it would be interesting to know about the machine and the symptoms
> > SOOoo
> > for a start:
> > what are you writing about?
> > - laptop
> > - pc
> > - server?
> >
> > what is the cpu
> > - celeron / pentium etc
> > - speed
> > etc.
> >
> > memory?
> > amount?
> > kind?
> >
> > what is the primary problem?
> > error msgs? slowness ? spontaneous reboots?
> > what error messages do you get
> > for ex: blue screens onBoot?
> > windows errors when? what programs are running?
> >
> > did it ever work?
> >
> > how long ago did you get it?
> >
> > what have you done so far to troubleshoot the machine?
> > (the above is certainly not complete but just for a start:)
> >
> > sincerely,
> > Tanya

Is it the E172FP or E152FP?
Are you running it at its native resolution 1280x1024
for the E172FP or 1024x768 if its the E152FP.

> Tanya.
>
> Its a bog standard Dell Dimension, 256, XP, 40G, P4, cheep screen.
>
> Tried re-adjusting the settings, tried playing around with the
settings and
> doing a Default re-set. Not much difference.
>
> The system works great, but the screen quality is below the Samsung
172V I
> used to own. That screen had far better colours, and clearness.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Tony wrote:
> >
> > > I have a machine that's caused problems, was not what was promised
and
> is
> > > poor quality.
> > >
> > > I find that the salesperson who sold me the machine will not
return my
> call.
> > >
> > > I spoke to a manager, who will not return calls or messages.
> > >
> > > Has anyone sued Dell? I'm thinking of taking legal action against
them,
> but
> > > I'm interested to hear if any others have had this experience, and
how
> > > they've dealt with them.
> > > It seems to be their policy not to reply to messages if a customer
has a
> > > problem.
> >
> > hi Tony,
> > it would be interesting to know about the machine and the symptoms
> > SOOoo
> > for a start:
> > what are you writing about?
> > - laptop
> > - pc
> > - server?
> >
> > what is the cpu
> > - celeron / pentium etc
> > - speed
> > etc.
> >
> > memory?
> > amount?
> > kind?
> >
> > what is the primary problem?
> > error msgs? slowness ? spontaneous reboots?
> > what error messages do you get
> > for ex: blue screens onBoot?
> > windows errors when? what programs are running?
> >
> > did it ever work?
> >
> > how long ago did you get it?
> >
> > what have you done so far to troubleshoot the machine?
> > (the above is certainly not complete but just for a start:)
> >
> > sincerely,
> > Tanya

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I've never wanted 'special access' because I'm a 'journalist'. But I do hope
that when I 'contact' them they 'reply', unlike Dell.

I mentioned the fact that I'm a 'journalist' because I intended to write an
'article' about Dell and their appalling service.

I think in future, if you're looking to make 'idiotic, sarcastic comments',
you had better find someone interested.

FYI Simply have full telephone support and Dabbs has some telephone support.

In future, find someone who enjoys useless comments and talk to them, you're
then less likely to be disappointed.

"Peter Connolly" <newsgroupsdemon@removethisbitacutecomputing.co.uk> wrote
in message news:cbr60i$kbu$1$830fa79d@news.demon.co.uk...
> Tony wrote:
>
> > I dearly wish I'd bought though Simply, Dabs or another UK supplier.
> > They have a 3yr warranty, English speaking staff, and I can get hold
> > of the guy who sold me the PC, not leave endless messages with no
> > reply.
>
> Don't know about Simply, but Dabs are an Internet-Only dealer. Quoting
from
> their website, "dabs.com is an Internet retailer and a business whose main
> way of communicating with its customers and other groups (e.g. suppliers
and
> the press), is via e-mail. ". You won't get hold of the 'guy who sold you
> the PC', because there isn't one. The lack of real people on real phone
> lines is what makes their prices so low. And No, you won't get special
> access to them just because you are a 'Journalist'.
>
> I think for future purchases you should approach a local consultant or
small
> systems reseller; see the equipment before you buy it, and talk to real
> people. You're then less likely to be disappointed.
>

> --
> Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.