ZS Platinum Power Requirements

TomWaits

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
I've downloaded Creative's User Guide for this card and it does not list the power needs for either the card or the Platinum 'drive'. I'm trying to calculate the power requirements of all the components for a new computer and I don't know what to input for these two parts. I'm also not sure which voltage categories they fall into (3.3, 5, 12). Anyone have any advice?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not much, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
If you are using the front thing along with the card I think it is somethin like 18watts. I can't remember where I saw it but I think that is it. That is pretty damned insignificant in the overall view of things :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Not much power just a small four pin power connector to the front panel if you using the Platinum version. A bigger problem is getting the power connector on without bending the pins or misseating it. It's NOT in a real convenient place and the wires are thin and can be bent.

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.