Error Message when trying to connect to ESO

Tags:
  • Connection
  • Microsoft
  • Error Message
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2005 1:03:45 PM

Hey I've been playing AOM TT for a couple of years now, and have never
had a problem w/multiplayer, until recently. Everytime I try to
connect to ESO from the Multiplayer menu on the game, I get the
following error message :

"ESO cannot connect to your computer. This may be caused by an
incorrect language setting in IE, an invalid CD key, or your secret
answer/question may be too short."

Any idea how to deal with this problem? Couldn't find any help on the
Microsoft Support page? Any help would be appreciated.

More about : error message connect eso

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:15:09 PM

Hi,

<mrchrismcguire@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1122048225.878481.218190@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
| Hey I've been playing AOM TT for a couple of years now, and have never
| had a problem w/multiplayer, until recently. Everytime I try to
| connect to ESO from the Multiplayer menu on the game, I get the
| following error message :
|
| "ESO cannot connect to your computer. This may be caused by an
| incorrect language setting in IE, an invalid CD key, or your secret
| answer/question may be too short."
|
| Any idea how to deal with this problem? Couldn't find any help on the
| Microsoft Support page? Any help would be appreciated.

That error sometimes occurs if the default language isn't recognised.
To correct the issue, change your default language to English US:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.
3. Click Regional and Language Options.
4. On the Regional Options tab, under Standards and formats
select English (United States).
5. Click OK.
6. Start Age of Mythology, and then create the account.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

July 23, 2005 11:58:10 PM

Thanks for your response. However, this didn't help. (Actually, my
language setting was already set at US English anyway.) Any other
thoughts? Did my CD key somehow get invalidated? How can I get in
contact w/ ESO? Cheers, Chris M.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:48:10 PM

Hi,

<mrchrismcguire@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1122173890.679132.301150@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
| Thanks for your response. However, this didn't help. (Actually, my
| language setting was already set at US English anyway.) Any other
| thoughts? Did my CD key somehow get invalidated? How can I get in
| contact w/ ESO? Cheers, Chris M.

Make sure that you're not blocking yourself by using a Firewall / Security
suite during the registration process, and here's ESO's support info:
http://www.ensemblestudios.com/contact.htm - I hope this helps!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User