Remote Desktop and "Change Password"

July 14, 2005 3:36:02 PM

I am wondering if it is possible to change my password on thew machine I am
Remote Desktoping to?

The scenerio is this:
I am on an XP machine at home. I Telecommute to a work computer in another
state. I am unable to use the ctrl-alt-del on the work computer to get to
"Change Password" because it will go to my home computer instead. Recently I
had to share my username/password with another person (I was on vacation and
my work did it witrhout my ok) so they changed the password to a generic one.
- When I got back the IT department said I can use ctrl-alt-del to change
the password and when I explained I couldn't in Remote Desktop they asked me
for the password I wanted to use and they would change it for me. They did
this for me but I do not feel comfortable with that resolution.

Is there a way to change the password for my domain (like "Change Password")
on the remote desktop?

Thank you.
David
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:01:11 PM

David wrote:
> I am wondering if it is possible to change my password on
> thew machine I am Remote Desktoping to?
>
> The scenerio is this:
> I am on an XP machine at home. I Telecommute to a work
> computer in another state. I am unable to use the
> ctrl-alt-del on the work computer to get to "Change
> Password" because it will go to my home computer instead.
> Recently I had to share my username/password with another
> person (I was on vacation and my work did it witrhout my ok)
> so they changed the password to a generic one. - When I got
> back the IT department said I can use ctrl-alt-del to change
> the password and when I explained I couldn't in Remote
> Desktop they asked me for the password I wanted to use and
> they would change it for me. They did this for me but I do
> not feel comfortable with that resolution.
>
> Is there a way to change the password for my domain (like
> "Change Password") on the remote desktop?
>
> Thank you.
> David

Try using Ctrl + Alt + End instead.

Keyboard Shortcuts in a Remote Desktop Session

Good luck

Nepatsfan
July 14, 2005 8:36:59 PM

David wrote:
> Thank you.. That did the trick. :)

You're welcome. Glad to hear you've got that fixed.

Nepatsfan

> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
>> Try using Ctrl + Alt + End instead.
>>
>> Keyboard Shortcuts in a Remote Desktop Session
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Nepatsfan
May 15, 2012 3:20:38 PM

I am the second user of remote desktop.

The owner of the remote desktop made me an account so i can log in with my own password, I changed the password with the word that i use frequently.

Few weeks later, it asked me to renew the password,
I changed it, but now I forgot that i changed to.....

Is there any way that i could find my password?
May 16, 2012 2:38:23 PM

Have the owner change it using the second account.
May 16, 2012 2:49:51 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Have the owner change it using the second account.

Hello Mr. Hang the 9,

do you know how the ownder could change it using the second account?
May 16, 2012 2:59:28 PM

Same place it was created, user management.
May 16, 2012 3:13:13 PM

i logged in with the owners account, and went to user management it wasn't there. but when i hung around control pannel,
i click system and there was user profile where i was able to reset the password.

thank you!! anyways !!
!