scheduled task

I have a .bat file that backs up a few files from my local drive to the
network . I want to have a scheduled task to run this bat file but when it is
scheduled to run it says it runs but nothing happens nothing gets backed up
onto the network? Can i have a scheduled task run a bat file?

Yes, but remember to take into account that the "drive mapping" may not
have occurred, or the permissions to access the the resources are incorrect.