how do i change network connections?

please could someone help me change my internet connection in control panel
network connections. on this page i have the three connection types
(broadbans, dial up and lan), i have broadband which works ok although on the
network connections page it is connected through the dial up section. could
you help me change it or is this not necessary? thank you in advance for any
help.

Malke

crocket wrote:

> please could someone help me change my internet connection in control
> panel network connections. on this page i have the three connection
> types (broadbans, dial up and lan), i have broadband which works ok
> although on the network connections page it is connected through the
> dial up section. could you help me change it or is this not necessary?
> thank you in advance for any help.

Are you getting to the Internet with your broadband OK? The dialup
connection shows up because you have a modem and the lan shows up
because you have an ethernet adapter. It doesn't mean you're using it.
If everything works properly, don't worry about this. OTOH, if you are
having problems, post back with more details.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com