MGS CRASH HELP???

i have a intel GMA 900 with 128MB RAM and latest drivers, incl directx 9. I
have just installed MGS for the PC, and upon loading it says that my card
does not support some features that the game requires, and that it will start
in software rendering mode. I find this hard to understand as my laptop can
run games such as half life 2 and unreal 2004. The next time i load the game,
it says that the game failed to initialise properly and that it will start in
software m ode, then it crashes to the desktop with no error message. I have
a 1.4Ghz celeron M, XP home w/ SP2, 756 RAM and i dont understand it. Any
help or suggestions plz??

Your motherboard onboard video chip does not appear to fully support the
hardware acceleration that DirectX uses. Not all games use DirectX
technology or fully rely on DirectX technology like the Microsoft Games do.
Laptops are certainly not the first choice of PC gaming platforms. However,
I'm certainly aware of some laptops that outperform most desktop PC setups.
Click Start, click Run, and type dxdiag and click OK. You can run the
various video, etc. tests on the various tabs and, if necessary, disable the
acceleration and then retry the game.

Geoffrey Cohen
Microsoft® MVP
Windows PC Games