RDC problem

July 14, 2005 6:21:02 PM

I've tried to use RDC to another PC and it gives me an error message that
"Unable to log you on because of an account restriction."

I've gone into the user profile in that PC and it has Administrator rights
as well as ensuring the PC is setup to allow RDC (right click on my
computer, properties, remote, checked the allow remote connections and added
the users that are allowed).

Why is this happening and how to I get access to that PC through RDC?

Both PC, the one initiating the RDC and the one I'm trying to connect to are
XP Prof. with SP2.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net

More about : rdc problem

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 7:50:42 PM

Torrey Lauer wrote:
> I've tried to use RDC to another PC and it gives me an error
> message that "Unable to log you on because of an account
> restriction."
> I've gone into the user profile in that PC and it has
> Administrator rights as well as ensuring the PC is setup to
> allow RDC (right click on my computer, properties, remote,
> checked the allow remote connections and added the users
> that are allowed).
> Why is this happening and how to I get access to that PC
> through RDC?
> Both PC, the one initiating the RDC and the one I'm trying
> to connect to are XP Prof. with SP2.

Does the account you're using have a password? For security
reasons Remote Desktop requires an account that has a password

Take a look here for more info:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q303846

Good luck

Nepatsfan
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:33:00 PM

Thank you for the reply. The password "issue" was the problem. I added a
password and that took care of the problem I had of not being able to login
through RDC.

Thanks!

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> Torrey Lauer wrote:
>> I've tried to use RDC to another PC and it gives me an error
>> message that "Unable to log you on because of an account
>> restriction."
>> I've gone into the user profile in that PC and it has
>> Administrator rights as well as ensuring the PC is setup to
>> allow RDC (right click on my computer, properties, remote,
>> checked the allow remote connections and added the users
>> that are allowed).
>> Why is this happening and how to I get access to that PC
>> through RDC?
>> Both PC, the one initiating the RDC and the one I'm trying
>> to connect to are XP Prof. with SP2.
>
> Does the account you're using have a password? For security reasons Remote
> Desktop requires an account that has a password
>
> Take a look here for more info:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q303846
>
> Good luck
>
> Nepatsfan

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:49:23 PM

Torrey Lauer wrote:
> Thank you for the reply. The password "issue" was the
> problem. I added a password and that took care of the
> problem I had of not being able to login through RDC.
>
> Thanks!

You're welcome.

Nepatsfan

!