Anyone can help with a hitachi camcorder?

ilikelilacs

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Hello there, I was given an hitachi camcorder by a friend with some missing pieces. One of them is the cord to plug it into the wall so I am not on battery all the time. Another is the software to download the information with. I think those two things just about cover it. does anyone know where I can get the information I need on these pieces? The hitachi site seems only to display a sales page for each item. And I couldn't find a forum their either. my model number is DZ MV200A, DVD Camcorder, Ultravision. mucho appreciation.

davesophie

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
You do need a power cord. you can find a power cord online at any part retailer. they are pretty cheap. for the software you don't really have to worry about that. The CD that camcorders are packaged with does not have user manuals. it is just a bunch of editing software to help you manage your recordings and other media. Unless you absolutely don't have any editing software... You can contact Hitachi for the software but usually they are more expensive.. think about $30 to $60 for a software that is not better than anything else you can get for free online. For the power cord they will charge you as much and you can definitely get one for less than $20 or about online with shipping you should not go over $30. Another option is to get a universal battery charger then you won't have to buy a cord. but the cord is cheaper...

ilikelilacs

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009

Thanks Dave:

More thoughts:
the power cord has to plug into the camcorder, no? How do i know I am getting the right size for the camcorder?

I do have a battery charger for it but only one battery. So I could also get two batteries so I can switch over while the other one powers.

And the software issue, I don't understand. I do have editing software, like windows movie maker, and WINDVD creator for toshiba, but I can't get the content off the camera with the USB cord (which I do have). I would just drop the dvd into the dvd drive and get it off there but for some unknown reason my dvd drive doesn't work either. so I am in a bad spot because I have all this content I want to start working with and have a shoot coming up this weekend. I have to get it off the dvd and onto my computer. When I plug in the USB to the camera it says it found new software. I just don't know where to get it.

thanks for taking the time on this. mucho appreciation. ellen

davesophie

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008

Yes the power cord has to plug into the camcorder but if you type in the model number of the camcorder in google you will get the model number of the corresponding power supply and you can then shop for it. You can also go on hitachi's website or call them to get the model bnumber then you will be sure that you are getting the right thing.
You can definitely get an extra battery. that will always be handy if you plan on shooting for longer period of time.
You have to realise that when you are using a camcorder that is not fully digital, in other words a camcorder that uses Tapes ou Mini dv the USB will not transfer images. I found that out the hard way. You have to get a firewire. the usb will not transfer video from cassette to your computer; it will only transfer it if you are using a hard drive camcorder or a dvd one.
The software that comes with camcorders is nothing but freebies; bunch of trial versions and editing software that you don't need. they will not chang anything to your predicament. just look for a compatible firewire or you can try one of these multimedia dvd burners. This one (link) Is very good. It takes all types of memory card usb and has Audio video output. So from your camcorder you could connect with your regular red white and yellow cable and burn. It goes for $199. It is also sold at Bestbuy. it's been out for about 2 years so i am sure you could get a second hand one somewhere on the web.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665185948&tab=Features

I hope i 've been of some help.