Standby Mode Doesn't Start

July 14, 2005 5:40:47 PM

I set it to start after 15 minutes of idle or "Energy Star" mode, but it
never goes into standby mode.
Screen Saver works fine, but Stand By never starts. I turn off Screen Saver
when setting up Stand By so that's not the problem. I leave Outlook Express
open to receive my email and should be able to do this while in Stand By
according to what I've read.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

More about : standby mode start

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:08:48 PM

"Rick" <Rick@nospam.com> wrote:

>I set it to start after 15 minutes of idle or "Energy Star" mode, but it
>never goes into standby mode.
>Screen Saver works fine, but Stand By never starts. I turn off Screen Saver
>when setting up Stand By so that's not the problem. I leave Outlook Express
>open to receive my email and should be able to do this while in Stand By
>according to what I've read.

This may come from some software that runs in the background. See "How
to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

--
(tm)