How to login without requiring password?

July 14, 2005 7:01:57 PM

I can't find the area where I can select the option to have the PC always
login as a certain user and not to ask for the password.

Where can I find this setting in XP Prof.?

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:09:30 PM

Torrey Lauer wrote:
> I can't find the area where I can select the option to have
> the PC always login as a certain user and not to ask for the
> password.
> Where can I find this setting in XP Prof.?

Go to Start -> Run.
Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

control userpasswords2

Click OK.
Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer".
In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User
Name" box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired
results.

Nepatsfan
July 15, 2005 4:40:57 AM

1. Go to Start/Run and type in: control userpasswords2 and press ok.

2. On the Users tab, left click your user name then clear the Users Must
Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then click
OK.

3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the "user name
and password" for the account you want to be logged on each time you start
your computer.

Added note: (Alex MVP)

If you want to logon to one of the other users, hold down shift as the
system boots up.

Tip:

Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com