New site devoted to Mah-Jong, "CO" rules

Last response: in Video Games
September 8, 2005 3:11:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Dear MJers!
I proudly announce opening of new site devoted to Mah-Jong, "CO"
rules.
You can find here ANALYTICAL materials which hopefully would help you
to play better.

Links and highlights:
Site itself: http://www.mahjong-co.narod.ru/
Complete "wait" analysis:
http://www.mahjong-co.narod.ru/waits_analysis.html
Statistics on 1000+ games:
http://www.mahjong-co.narod.ru/statistics_1000.html
Games to download: http://www.mahjong-co.narod.ru/try_it.html

Enjoy it!

Vitaly Novikov a.k.a. "Combo"
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 4:19:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Dear all!

You are invited to look at Analysis on Draws:
> http://www.mahjong-co.narod.ru/draws_analysis.html

Entirely new scientific approach is offered to answer questions like:
"Having 22222111 what is better to Pung or to go for Seven Pair?"

Vitaly Novikov
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 12:27:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Your web page seemed to be truncated after "Step 6B".

Combo wrote:
> Dear all!
>
> You are invited to look at Analysis on Draws:
> > http://www.mahjong-co.narod.ru/draws_analysis.html
>
> Entirely new scientific approach is offered to answer questions like:
> "Having 22222111 what is better to Pung or to go for Seven Pair?"
>
> Vitaly Novikov
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 1:49:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

1. Your research is very interesting, but the server is extremely slow
and you used FrontPage to generate bloated pages. My browser give up
after 2 minutes. All long pages are truncated. Too bad. :-(

I suggest you use a Standard Compliant editor like NVU (
http://www.nvu.com/ )

2. Seems to me, you absolutely need to enumerate all possible hands
(quantification as you described it) before being able to analyse the
worth of any tactics. The crux of the matter lies here.

Thanks for sharing your work.
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:55:54 AM

Nath Krismaratala wrote:

> 1. Your research is very interesting, but the server is extremely slow
> and you used FrontPage to generate bloated pages. My browser give up
> after 2 minutes. All long pages are truncated. Too bad. :-(
>
> I suggest you use a Standard Compliant editor like NVU (
> http://www.nvu.com/ )
>
> 2. Seems to me, you absolutely need to enumerate all possible hands
> (quantification as you described it) before being able to analyse the
> worth of any tactics. The crux of the matter lies here.
>
> Thanks for sharing your work.

Thank you Nath for valuable advice! I am about to re-design the
structure of my site for its better performance.

Vitaly
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 3:35:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

If your server can run PHP and a MySQL database, the best would be to
install something like MediaWiki. You wouldn't have to worry about HTML
anymore.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:29:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Hi, MJers!

I have re-designed site for better performance.

Changes were made:
* to cut large pages in smaller ones, and
* organise better access to analysis pages.

Vitaly
!