Netware Authentification Failure

Can anyone help please ?
Every time I start up a box appears with the message " YOU CANNOT BE
AUTHORISED ON DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASON. THE VOLUME DOES NOT CONTAIN A
RECOGNISED FILE SYSTEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL REQUIRED FILE SYSTEM
DRIVERS ARE LOADED AND THE VOLUME IS NOT CORRUPTED. DO YOU WANT TO SELECT
ANOTHER PREFERRED SERVER OR CONTEXT"
YES NO

If I press yes it requests information I do not know any thing about. If I
press no the computer works fine with the desktop loading and all programs
accessible. The only downside is that the disc drives, C & D, can no longer
read cd's or play audio cd's. The drives work fine mechanically with all
lights flashing etc. I believe the disc drive problem is related to the
message at start up.
--
T.L.R. The Jack
4 answers Last reply

    The ungrammatical English is a good clue:

    Checking for/Help with Hijackware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/tshoot.html

    When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
    (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
    It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post
    your log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
    for expert analysis, not here.**

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    TURLOCK wrote:
    > Can anyone help please ?
    > Every time I start up a box appears with the message " YOU CANNOT BE
    > AUTHORISED ON DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASON. THE VOLUME DOES NOT CONTAIN A
    > RECOGNISED FILE SYSTEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL REQUIRED FILE SYSTEM
    > DRIVERS ARE LOADED AND THE VOLUME IS NOT CORRUPTED. DO YOU WANT TO SELECT
    > ANOTHER PREFERRED SERVER OR CONTEXT"
    > YES NO
    >
    > If I press yes it requests information I do not know any thing about. If I
    > press no the computer works fine with the desktop loading and all programs
    > accessible. The only downside is that the disc drives, C & D, can no
    > longer read cd's or play audio cd's. The drives work fine mechanically
    > with all lights flashing etc. I believe the disc drive problem is related
    > to the message at start up.

    Start here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=THE+VOLUME+DOES+NOT+CONTAIN+A+RECOGNIZED+FILE+SYSTEM&spell=1

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "TURLOCK" <TURLOCK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help please ?
    > Every time I start up a box appears with the message " YOU CANNOT BE
    > AUTHORISED ON DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASON. THE VOLUME DOES NOT CONTAIN A
    > RECOGNISED FILE SYSTEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL REQUIRED FILE SYSTEM
    > DRIVERS ARE LOADED AND THE VOLUME IS NOT CORRUPTED. DO YOU WANT TO SELECT
    > ANOTHER PREFERRED SERVER OR CONTEXT"
    > YES NO
    >
    > If I press yes it requests information I do not know any thing about. If I
    > press no the computer works fine with the desktop loading and all programs
    > accessible. The only downside is that the disc drives, C & D, can no
    > longer
    > read cd's or play audio cd's. The drives work fine mechanically with all
    > lights flashing etc. I believe the disc drive problem is related to the
    > message at start up.
    > --
    > T.L.R. The Jack

    Hi
    Many thanks for responding to my problem. Unfortunately your suggestion was
    unable to rectify the problem. I think I will have to resort to system
    restore unless someone can come up with a better solution.
    --
    T.L.R. The Jack

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > The ungrammatical English is a good clue:
    >
    > Checking for/Help with Hijackware
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    > http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/tshoot.html

    > (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
    > It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post
    > your log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
    > http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
    > for expert analysis, not here.**
    >
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >

    > TURLOCK wrote:
    > > Can anyone help please ?
    > > Every time I start up a box appears with the message " YOU CANNOT BE
    > > AUTHORISED ON DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASON. THE VOLUME DOES NOT CONTAIN A
    > > RECOGNISED FILE SYSTEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL REQUIRED FILE SYSTEM
    > > DRIVERS ARE LOADED AND THE VOLUME IS NOT CORRUPTED. DO YOU WANT TO SELECT
    > > ANOTHER PREFERRED SERVER OR CONTEXT"
    > > YES NO
    > >
    > > If I press yes it requests information I do not know any thing about. If I
    > > press no the computer works fine with the desktop loading and all programs
    > > accessible. The only downside is that the disc drives, C & D, can no
    > > longer read cd's or play audio cd's. The drives work fine mechanically
    > > with all lights flashing etc. I believe the disc drive problem is related
    > > to the message at start up.

    Hi Kelly
    Many thanks for your post. Unfortunately I do not understand the language of
    the post. Is it possible to view it in an English format.
    --
    T.L.R. The Jack

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Start here:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=THE+VOLUME+DOES+NOT+CONTAIN+A+RECOGNIZED+FILE+SYSTEM&spell=1
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "TURLOCK" <TURLOCK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help please ?
    > > Every time I start up a box appears with the message " YOU CANNOT BE
    > > AUTHORISED ON DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASON. THE VOLUME DOES NOT CONTAIN A
    > > RECOGNISED FILE SYSTEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL REQUIRED FILE SYSTEM
    > > DRIVERS ARE LOADED AND THE VOLUME IS NOT CORRUPTED. DO YOU WANT TO SELECT
    > > ANOTHER PREFERRED SERVER OR CONTEXT"
    > > YES NO
    > >
    > > If I press yes it requests information I do not know any thing about. If I
    > > press no the computer works fine with the desktop loading and all programs
    > > accessible. The only downside is that the disc drives, C & D, can no
    > > longer
    > > read cd's or play audio cd's. The drives work fine mechanically with all
    > > lights flashing etc. I believe the disc drive problem is related to the
    > > message at start up.
    > > --
    > > T.L.R. The Jack

Windows XP