Error:734....help please

Win XP Pro (u/g from 98se)

Recently have connection error problems every few minutes with the following
error:
"Error: 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated"
The Microsoft KB shows 2 similar entries but neither solved my new problem!!

I have run Spyware & Anti-virus progs' ........nothing unusual.

Any help to an XP newbie please.

Terry
2 answers Last reply
More about error help please

    Hope this will help
    http://www.modemsite.com/56k/duns734.asp
    --
    Don Kendrick

    "Terry" wrote:

    > Win XP Pro (u/g from 98se)
    >
    > Recently have connection error problems every few minutes with the following
    > error:
    > "Error: 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated"
    > The Microsoft KB shows 2 similar entries but neither solved my new problem!!
    >
    > I have run Spyware & Anti-virus progs' ........nothing unusual.
    >
    > Any help to an XP newbie please.
    >
    > Terry

    Don ............thanks, good info'
    "Unrepper" <Unrepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hope this will help
    > http://www.modemsite.com/56k/duns734.asp
    > --
    > Don Kendrick
    >

    > "Terry" wrote:
    >
    > > Win XP Pro (u/g from 98se)
    > >
    > > Recently have connection error problems every few minutes with the
    following
    > > error:
    > > "Error: 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated"
    > > The Microsoft KB shows 2 similar entries but neither solved my new
    problem!!

    > > I have run Spyware & Anti-virus progs' ........nothing unusual.
    > >
    > > Any help to an XP newbie please.
    > >
    > > Terry

Microsoft Windows XP