Product codes for xp operating system

jbsardy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I HAVE MY XP OPERATING DISC. iN FACT IT WAS STILL SEALED! UNFORTUNATELy THE PRODUCT CODE WAS ON A STICKER ON MY dELL COMPUTER THAT FELL OFF YEARS AGO. aRE THERE OTHER CODES i CAN USE? What can I do? Could another computer read the disc to get the code off of it?

The discs are generic and do not contain the authorization code. The authorization code is on a separate sticker usually on the outside of the disc package. Looks like someone transferred that code sticker to the computer case, and now it is lost.

Try a repair install. Or, try a 'System Restore'. After you get it working, do a complete backup.

jbsardy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011

Ok you say the discs are generic, well the disc I have is genuine and brand new. I just took it out of the package. My problem is not having any code for it. The only code I could found won't work. When I enter it I'm told its not a valid code. What I need is a code that will work

The code will be on the package, not on the disk. Did you run Belarc and 'magicaljellybean' as hang-the-9 suggested?