Admin cant edit Registry values

I have a Windows XP Pro, SP2 customer. We are attempting to modify the
registry
key for the "Everyoneincludesanonymous" from a value of 0 to 1. When he
selects "OK" he gets a message that says he cannot change this value. In
fact he cant change any registry data and he is the admin. Anyone have any
clue what I should have him look at to unlock the registry? Thanks for the
help.
--
Johnny Hawk
Ctrl-alt-Doh!

    Wrong group, Johnny. Try Windows Server:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Everyoneincludesanonymous&btnG=Google+Search

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    On 15/07/2005 "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:
    >Wrong group, Johnny. Try Windows Server:
    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Everyoneincludesanonymous&btnG=Google+Sear
    ch

    ===>ifmember /l
    User is a member of group MIOXPPSP1\Ninguno.
    User is a member of group \Todos.
    User is a member of group BUILTIN\Administradores.
    User is a member of group \LOCAL.
    User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE.
    User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\Usuarios autentificados.

    Maybe the groups that the administrator account is member of, may be the cause
    why this admin is more like a manager.

    The Regedit tool includes a menu item under Edit to change, add or remove
    permissions but Administrator needs to be added even if the Administrators
    group is in the list.
    If you want to add another user account to admins group then remove it from
    users group.
    If you do HELP | MORE at the cmd prompt you may get a "CALCS" that in fact
    should say "CACLS", and it works only for NTFS, not for FAT.
    Use gpedit.msc to set permissions, and some other stuff.

Windows XP Microsoft Registry