Sign in with
Your question

What is the best gaming LCD out there right now?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 5, 2007 12:24:24 AM

Hey,

I'm not looking for people here to do all the work for me, but I've been out of the loop for almost a year now and I want to make sure I can recommend the best 17 or 19" LCD to a friend of mine.

Last year when I did my homebuild the 17" category still had a number of competitive options, but they were slowly being eclipsed by the 19 inchers, now it seems the 19" are being overtaken by the widescreen LCDs.

With that said, I am not interested in the widescreen option, it doesn't matter how good they look, etc. Unless the monitor has a setting where you can force a resolution such as 1280x1024 (and black-out the pixels beyond that region), it just isn't an option at this point. The purpose for this monitor will be gaming. In order to support a 22" LCD you need a $6,000,000 video card, which isn't a viable option.

So, if any of you guys have come across any reviews or personal experiences, could you please share? I know the 17" category is waning, I don't even see the VX722 anymore... but if I have to go with a 19" I guess that's just life.

Any opinions, good or bad, concerning LCDs that meet this aforementioned criteria are very much welcomed.

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. :) 

More about : gaming lcd

October 5, 2007 4:59:02 PM

Looks like I'll be going with the Samsung 940BF or 940BX. I guess this forum isn't the best place to find opinions on peripherals.
October 6, 2007 1:37:01 AM

Can't go wrong with a Nec Multisync 90gx2, been a great gaming monitor for me, fast and excellent picture quality
....mmm Opticlear.

your profile says you joined this forum in Tuesday Jan. 1st 1970 :lol: 
Related resources
October 8, 2007 4:28:37 AM

Probot said:
your profile says you joined this forum in Tuesday Jan. 1st 1970 :lol: 

Any member that joined the forums before the re-vamp this spring was given an incorrect join date. I joined in Aug/Sep of 06 and yet I joined in '70. I was -19 years old at that point.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of Dell monitors. Their new one look good IMO.
October 8, 2007 8:57:32 AM

ArbY said:
Looks like I'll be going with the Samsung 940BF or 940BX. I guess this forum isn't the best place to find opinions on peripherals.

QQ :cry:  Give 'em some time! I was also looking at the 19" 940BX but after cost anaylsis I'm strongly leaning twoards the 22" Widescreen Samsung...
!