What is the best gaming LCD out there right now?

Hey,

I'm not looking for people here to do all the work for me, but I've been out of the loop for almost a year now and I want to make sure I can recommend the best 17 or 19" LCD to a friend of mine.

Last year when I did my homebuild the 17" category still had a number of competitive options, but they were slowly being eclipsed by the 19 inchers, now it seems the 19" are being overtaken by the widescreen LCDs.

With that said, I am not interested in the widescreen option, it doesn't matter how good they look, etc. Unless the monitor has a setting where you can force a resolution such as 1280x1024 (and black-out the pixels beyond that region), it just isn't an option at this point. The purpose for this monitor will be gaming. In order to support a 22" LCD you need a $6,000,000 video card, which isn't a viable option.

So, if any of you guys have come across any reviews or personal experiences, could you please share? I know the 17" category is waning, I don't even see the VX722 anymore... but if I have to go with a 19" I guess that's just life.

Any opinions, good or bad, concerning LCDs that meet this aforementioned criteria are very much welcomed.

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. :)
4 answers Last reply
More about what gaming
  1. Looks like I'll be going with the Samsung 940BF or 940BX. I guess this forum isn't the best place to find opinions on peripherals.
  2. Can't go wrong with a Nec Multisync 90gx2, been a great gaming monitor for me, fast and excellent picture quality
    ....mmm Opticlear.

your profile says you joined this forum in Tuesday Jan. 1st 1970 :lol:
  3. Probot said:
    your profile says you joined this forum in Tuesday Jan. 1st 1970 :lol:

Any member that joined the forums before the re-vamp this spring was given an incorrect join date. I joined in Aug/Sep of 06 and yet I joined in '70. I was -19 years old at that point.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of Dell monitors. Their new one look good IMO.
  4. ArbY said:
    Looks like I'll be going with the Samsung 940BF or 940BX. I guess this forum isn't the best place to find opinions on peripherals.

QQ :cry: Give 'em some time! I was also looking at the 19" 940BX but after cost anaylsis I'm strongly leaning twoards the 22" Widescreen Samsung...
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors LCD Peripherals