Sign in with
Your question

What do you think I should do?

Last response: in Windows 7
September 17, 2012 1:43:51 AM

I think I have gotten my first virus ever. I was expecting a tracking number from USPS so I opened up the email and opened up the attachment. Crap is what I found. My essentials saw it but for some reason it must have slipped through. Unless it was just a freak thing and my SSD drive went at the same time. I did a restart and then a system restore and then my virus prot. said it found something again and cleaned it but needed to be restarted. When I restarted it would not restart and my SSD was no where to be found in bios. I then put in W7 and did a repair and it said it needed to do something to my startup so I did that. I then did another repair and it found the SSD but I decided before I did that I would put it in my other computer and do a virus check to clean it. Is that going to work? What do you think I should do?

More about : question

September 17, 2012 2:09:51 AM

The SSD seems to be working now but I do believe it is a virus that is playing havoc with it.
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
September 17, 2012 4:19:37 AM

ingeborgdot said:
The SSD seems to be working now but I do believe it is a virus that is playing havoc with it.

It's certainly possible. It could also be firmware related as the symptoms are similar. Update the firmware and reset the drive at the same time, kill two birds with one stone
September 17, 2012 12:55:10 PM

Pinhedd said:
It's certainly possible. It could also be firmware related as the symptoms are similar. Update the firmware and reset the drive at the same time, kill two birds with one stone

It is recognized in my other computer but when I put it in my main computer it recognizes it in boot priority but it does not recognize it at all other than that.
September 17, 2012 2:03:24 PM

I broke down and brought it to the local computer guy. He said the one I got does just that. It may take a while to get rid of he said. Crappola.
!