Formating a rebootable usb drive

July 14, 2005 7:51:01 PM

Hi

Is there is way to reformat a usb drive to be rebootable. (My machine allows
it).

Thanks
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:08:10 PM

There are three elements to make a USB flash drive bootable on a system:

** The host system must support booting from a USB flash drive.
(Please check with your system manufacturer.)

** The USB flash drive must support booting in general.
(Please check with your USB flash drive vendor.)

** The USB flash drive must contain boot/system files.
Typically, vendors of USB flash drives that support bootability will
provide you with a tool that will make the drive bootable.

USB Flash Drive FAQ
http://www.usbflashdrive.org/u­sbfd_faq.html

--
Carey Frisch