Possible to Change Write Speed on XP CD Burner?

I've been using XP's CD file burner feature, but is it painfully slow.
Is there a setting somewhere to speed it up?

Where is it anyway?

jim
7 answers Last reply
More about possible change write speed burner

    At what speed is it writing at??
    does that match the speed of the CD's you are using??
    does this match the speed of the CD drive??
    peterk

    the problem
    "jim evans" <jimsnews@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

    > I've been using XP's CD file burner feature, but is it painfully slow.
    > Is there a setting somewhere to speed it up?
    >
    > Where is it anyway?
    >
    > jim

    How to Set the Write Speed for a CD-R Drive in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309522

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=CRX230AD%2fU&Dept=computers&CategoryName=cpu_Sony_PCAccessories_CD%2fDVDBurn_CDBurners

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    How to Set the Write Speed for a CD-R Drive in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309522

    Click the Recording tab, select the speed the CD recordable media will
    be written ..

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    jim evans wrote:

    > I've been using XP's CD file burner feature, but is it painfully slow.
    > Is there a setting somewhere to speed it up?
    >
    > Where is it anyway?
    >
    > jim

    Thanks much for the replies.

    Mine is set to "Fastest" so I guess the XP burner is just slow.

    jim

    jim evans wrote:

    > Thanks much for the replies.
    >
    > Mine is set to "Fastest" so I guess the XP burner is just slow.
    >
    > jim

    It isn't that XP's burning capability is slow. The speed of the drive is
    what is really important. If you have an older cd-rw drive, just go buy
    a newer one. They are very inexpensive.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers