Possible to Change Write Speed on XP CD Burner?

July 14, 2005 11:44:04 PM

I've been using XP's CD file burner feature, but is it painfully slow.
Is there a setting somewhere to speed it up?

Where is it anyway?

jim
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:44:05 PM

At what speed is it writing at??
does that match the speed of the CD's you are using??
does this match the speed of the CD drive??
peterk

the problem
"jim evans" <jimsnews@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

> I've been using XP's CD file burner feature, but is it painfully slow.
> Is there a setting somewhere to speed it up?
>
> Where is it anyway?
>
> jim
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:33:47 AM

How to Set the Write Speed for a CD-R Drive in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309522

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"jim evans" wrote:

| I've been using XP's CD file burner feature, but is it painfully slow.
| Is there a setting somewhere to speed it up?
|
| Where is it anyway?
|
| jim
July 15, 2005 11:02:50 AM

How to Set the Write Speed for a CD-R Drive in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309522

Click the Recording tab, select the speed the CD recordable media will
be written ..

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

jim evans wrote:

> I've been using XP's CD file burner feature, but is it painfully slow.
> Is there a setting somewhere to speed it up?
>
> Where is it anyway?
>
> jim
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:08:48 PM

Thanks much for the replies.

Mine is set to "Fastest" so I guess the XP burner is just slow.

jim
July 15, 2005 3:08:49 PM

jim evans wrote:

> Thanks much for the replies.
>
> Mine is set to "Fastest" so I guess the XP burner is just slow.
>
> jim

It isn't that XP's burning capability is slow. The speed of the drive is
what is really important. If you have an older cd-rw drive, just go buy
a newer one. They are very inexpensive.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

In Windows XP:
Right click the D drive
Go to properties
Recording tab
Change speed to the setting that you need. 4x for most.
Its slow but should cut down the amount of errors.
!