cyclic redundancy check problem

I am performing a new install of XP home on a new HD. I keep getting the CRC
error. I have cleaned the disk with isopropyl, and still get the error.

Could it be a bad disk, or is there something else I can try?

Malke

Erv wrote:

> I am performing a new install of XP home on a new HD. I keep getting
> the CRC error. I have cleaned the disk with isopropyl, and still get
> the error.
>
> Could it be a bad disk, or is there something else I can try?

Is this a retail copy of XP? If it is a burned copy, you probably have a
bad burn and will need to get a different cd. If it is a retail copy,
most probably your cd-rom drive is faulty. Try a different drive.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Well, got it running...turns out it was a bad disk.