Converting a PAL dvd to NTSC

pat

Expert
I post it to the video editing too, but not to many peoples goes over there, so I decide to have a try here!!!

Well, my friend just came back from Africa with a nice PAL dvd from his rafting expedition, but her DVD player doenst read it as it is PAL. I need to have her to convert it to NTSC and then, redo the DVD to burn it!. Well, just explaining her what is PAL and NTSC was something comlicated, and I have to explain her, by email, how to convert it. I know some tools, but nothing as insert DVD, select conversion, start process. Is such tool exist or I will have to have her download some converters and explain it what to do ???

thanks

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm pretty sure I asked this and it wasn't a viable option. I got a $20 DVD player from Walmart that plays both NTSC and PAL and that fine for now. I use my good DVD player for all the NTSC stuff and the few titles that are PAL I pop in the other one.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

pat

Expert
Thanks for the info. I didnt know about PAL capable DVD player over here. Since it is a travel DVD, she wanted to show it to her family and friend and they dont all have a computer for playback. I'll just do it for her, adding some pictures she tooks over there as a diaporama when I'll see her.

I guess that will be the simplest way of doing thing

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!