Windows XP fire wall and Norton Systemworks 2004

Im using winxp sp2.
I have just installed Norton Systemworks 2004. Upon succesful of
installation, a message appeared asking me to disable Windows Firewall in
order for Systemworks to run to its fullest (in fact I cant remember well
what was the message, but im sure that it prompted to disable it).
Hence, I have disable Windows Firewall accordingly but I later cannot find
where is the firewall setting in Systemworks.

So I am wondering does Norton Systemworks provide real firewall like Norton
Internet Security?
Why Systemworks requires to disable Windows firewall if it does not provide
a real firewall?
Shall I enable my Windows firewall?

Regards,
2 answers Last reply
More about windows fire wall norton systemworks 2004

    NSW does not include a firewall and it should not prompt you to disable
    Windows Firewall. Norton Internet Security (NIS) does and you may safely
    disable the Windows Firewall is NIS is installed & running properly.

    So yes, re-enable Windows Firewall if you're running NSW 2004 and don't have
    another third-party firewall (e.g., Zone Alarm) installed.

    Symantec Service & Support
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/index.html
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    WWChew wrote:
    > Im using winxp sp2.
    > I have just installed Norton Systemworks 2004. Upon succesful of
    > installation, a message appeared asking me to disable Windows Firewall in
    > order for Systemworks to run to its fullest (in fact I cant remember well
    > what was the message, but im sure that it prompted to disable it).
    > Hence, I have disable Windows Firewall accordingly but I later cannot find
    > where is the firewall setting in Systemworks.
    >
    > So I am wondering does Norton Systemworks provide real firewall like
    > Norton Internet Security?
    > Why Systemworks requires to disable Windows firewall if it does not
    > provide a real firewall?
    > Shall I enable my Windows firewall?
    >
    > Regards,

    Norton SystemWorks 2004 (and 2005) both include Norton Anti-Virus.
    Anit-Virus has a feature when it would block Internet Worms. This feature
    behaves like a "simple" firewall. However, it really does not seem to be as
    powerful as SP2's firewall, so I disabled it.

    > NSW does not include a firewall and it should not prompt you to disable
    > Windows Firewall. Norton Internet Security (NIS) does and you may safely
    > disable the Windows Firewall is NIS is installed & running properly.
    >
    > So yes, re-enable Windows Firewall if you're running NSW 2004 and don't
    > have another third-party firewall (e.g., Zone Alarm) installed.
    >
    > Symantec Service & Support
    > http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/index.html
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >

    > WWChew wrote:
    >> Im using winxp sp2.
    >> I have just installed Norton Systemworks 2004. Upon succesful of
    >> installation, a message appeared asking me to disable Windows Firewall in
    >> order for Systemworks to run to its fullest (in fact I cant remember well
    >> what was the message, but im sure that it prompted to disable it).
    >> Hence, I have disable Windows Firewall accordingly but I later cannot
    >> find
    >> where is the firewall setting in Systemworks.
    >>
    >> So I am wondering does Norton Systemworks provide real firewall like
    >> Norton Internet Security?
    >> Why Systemworks requires to disable Windows firewall if it does not
    >> provide a real firewall?
    >> Shall I enable my Windows firewall?
    >>
    >> Regards,

Firewalls Norton Windows XP