Wired and Wireless...

Hi, all.

I have a Microsoft Wired Base Station (MN-100) that
currently connects two laptops (Win2K/WinXP) and a
desktop (Win2K) to my home network and to my high-speed
modem.

I have just added another laptop (Win2K) to the network,
and because it is on a different floor of the house --
and on the opposite side -- I decided to make this a
wireless addition.

I purchased a Linksys WAP-11 (access point) to plug into
the base station, and installed and configured a WPC-11
(Wireless-B notebook adapter) card in the extra laptop.

When I browse to the access point's IP address from a
wired PC, it can "see" the access point. The laptop
adapter and access point have been synchronized with the
same SSID, Mode (Infrastructure), Channel and WEP info.
So the remote laptop can also "see" the access point
(signal strength about 70%), but says it cannot find the
Internet. Also, none of the other workgroup computers are
visible from the wireless laptop.

Any ideas...?

Thanks,

Kelsey

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

if u have mn-100 base station, it's wired base station it
won't support wireless