Sign in with
Your question

Tungsten T5 dead - troubleshooting power failure

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
October 20, 2011 1:11:07 AM

Hello,
My reliable T5 died & if possible to fix economically (myself), I'd like to. Can do some electrical troubleshooting with help. Anyone know how to tell for certain if the lack of power is a dead battery, or possibly something else that could be replaced? The way it died was suddenly just wouldn't turn on (regardless of charging). I did notice for a couple days (before it died) that the battery charge indicator seemed lower than normal even though I had charged it. That made me suspect battery or charger. But charger has voltage, gets warm when connected to Palm.
December 18, 2011 12:35:23 PM

tanocupado said:
Hello,
My reliable T5 died & if possible to fix economically (myself), I'd like to. Can do some electrical troubleshooting with help. Anyone know how to tell for certain if the lack of power is a dead battery, or possibly something else that could be replaced? The way it died was suddenly just wouldn't turn on (regardless of charging). I did notice for a couple days (before it died) that the battery charge indicator seemed lower than normal even though I had charged it. That made me suspect battery or charger. But charger has voltage, gets warm when connected to Palm.

Hi, were you able to sort out this problem? Mine has an identical fault - the charger's working. Would be grateful for any tips. Thanks.
m
l
December 30, 2011 4:29:37 PM

IDEALK9 said:
Hi, were you able to sort out this problem? Mine has an identical fault - the charger's working. Would be grateful for any tips. Thanks.

No answer yet.
m
l
!