User Account Name linked to email?????

How can I get my user account to NOT be linked to my email account? I don't
want it to show under my user name for windows xp if I have unread mail. I
just want it gone. It says I have 1 unread mail even though I don't!! HELP!
--
colinf
1 answer Last reply

    Depends on which email program you are using. You are posting via CDO, so
    there is no way of telling.

    For Passport/Unread Mail Issues:

    Go to Start/Run and type in: control userpasswords2. Advanced/Manage
    Passwords/Remove.

    Tip:

    Add Control Userpasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

    Use TweakUI/Logon/Unread Mail and Repair/Unread Mail Count

    or:

    Disable Unread Mail on the Welcome Screen (Line 100)

    To remove an account or to change the count manually Go to:
    Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Your
    E-Mail Address]. In the right pane modify: Message Count, Change it to 0.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail. In
    the right pane modify: MessageExpiryDays Change it to 0.

    Overview of Mail Notification Display on WinXP Welcome Screen
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q304/1/48.asp

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Colin" <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I get my user account to NOT be linked to my email account? I
    > don't
    > want it to show under my user name for windows xp if I have unread mail.
    > just want it gone. It says I have 1 unread mail even though I don't!!
    > HELP!
    > --
    > colinf

Microsoft Email Windows XP