Sign in with
Your question

LCD Monitor to TV (no coaxial input)

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 24, 2008 5:25:29 PM

Hey, I bought this monitor not too long ago and it has a lot of inputs (HDMI with Audio Out, Component, VGA, and DVI) but it doesnt have Coaxial for TV. Ive read through a lot of pages here and looked everywhere to find a cheap solution but cant. Heres what I need, a cheap solution that has Coaxial in and either HDMI, DVI or Component out (preferably with a remote). My price limit is around $50. The best solution Ive found is on ebay and its a DVD player with cable in, component or HDMI out but they can get pretty expensive. Any other ideas?

-Zac
September 24, 2008 10:46:51 PM

Cheap TV Tuner Cards.

Install one into your computer. Run the Coax cable from either your wall cable outlet or your cable box to the TV Tuner card input. Use the VGA, DVI, or HDMI output from your computer to your monitor.

-Wolf sends
September 25, 2008 10:32:17 PM

all I have is a laptop (Dell Latitude D820) :(  is there anything that I could get for it? or any other method?
Related resources
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 6:11:45 PM

I had the same problem...go to the thrift store and buy a cheap VCR. You should be able to hook the antenna to the VCR and the VCR to the TV...worked for me
January 29, 2010 4:23:46 AM

a VCR can work, but a USB 2. Tuner Stick will give you the best quality it can.
!