Digital Coax or HDMI ?

Hi !

I just bought a Denon 2808 with a pair of Canton Speaker (Ill complete the surround later). Now, I want to plug my PC to the receiver for HD playback (Blu-ray, HDDVD), but I dont know which option is the better !

Option 1 : I have an HD 3870, so the video is send via the HDMI adapter. I can send the sound via the HDMI.

Option 2 : I have a Creative XFI Xtremegamer, and I can use the digital output to send the sound via a Digital Coax cable.

The analog output of the Creative are used by a Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1, so I cant use analog output.

Thanks for the help :)
4 answers Last reply
More about digital coax hdmi
  1. If it just me I'll remove the Klipsch and use the connector for the 2808. It has a better processor the the klipsch have.

Hoever I haven't try using and HDMI connection from the PC but if it works then use it to connect to the Reciever then reciever to TV.
  2. i am very much interested if HDMI works, so post back when you have a chance, Phyl.

Quality-wise there is no difference between HDMI audio and digital audio over coax. It is the same digital stream.
  3. Yes sounds via HDMI works perfectly. However, for some reason its only 2 channel (Front Left and Right), but since right now im only in Stereo, its not a problem. Cant wait to try it with a sub. :)
  4. If it just me I'll remove the Klipsch and use the connector for the 2808. It has a better processor the the klipsch have.quotemsg]

I don't know why I meant one thing and said other thing. I apologize for confusion.
    I meant to say Creative S/PDIF to 2808 and use its decoder. Use the 2808 analog for the klipsch. But if you want the EAX from Creative then don't move the klipsch speakers.
Ask a new question

Read More

High-End Audio HDMI Audio