Sign in with
Your question

Why cant i wake my computer up via mouse movement? ctr alt delete does nothing

Last response: in Windows 7
September 17, 2012 11:19:52 AM

my mouse and keyboard are frozen. I've rebooted. I get the message that 'the system closed down unexpectedly and a choice for starting in the safe mode, etc., comes up yet the keyboard and mouse still do no work
September 17, 2012 11:26:52 AM

You don't happen to have an ssd do you? Reason I ask is that it appears that hibernation does not like ssd's and tends to cause lock ups. The only fix that I've come across is to disable hibernate.
September 17, 2012 3:13:10 PM

please clarify 'ssd'. If this is the case, what can I do next?
Related resources
September 17, 2012 3:34:44 PM

If you don't know what an ssd is you probably don't have one and are using a normal HDD. But, ssd = solid state drive. Very basically it's an HDD with no moving parts, a big flash memory storage unit with much faster read/write times intended to be a replacement for hard disc drives. However, if you do have one, as I said, the only fix I know of is to disable the sleep function. You set it to never put the pc to sleep. If that's not the case, I'm somewhat stumped. Are all your drivers up to date?
September 17, 2012 4:26:50 PM

Not to be sarcastic but, if I asked you what you would do if the variability of the FHTs was flat, what would be your response?
Computers are not my thing but I have a legitimate question and need help, if your willing.
I had everything updated about 5 months ago.
How do I disable the sleep mode if the keyboard and mouse won't respond. I have checked the connections, the lights on the keyboard and mouse are on. I can't even select the safe mode after rebooting the pc. ctr alt delete gives no response. the F11 key won't respond
a b $ Windows 7
September 17, 2012 4:39:38 PM

Can you enter the BIOS? Have you tried a different keyboard, possibly a PS2 model?
September 17, 2012 4:40:29 PM

lilyofthevalley said:
Not to be sarcastic but, if I asked you what you would do if the variability of the FHTs was flat, what would be your response?
Computers are not my thing but I have a legitimate question and need help, if your willing.
How do I disable the sleep mode if the keyboard and mouse won't respond. I have checked the connections, the lights on the keyboard and mouse are on. I can't even select the safe mode after rebooting the pc. ctr alt delete gives no response. the F11 key won't respond

Baby is dead.

there's an option in windows or BIOS where you can wake the pc with either the keyboard or mouse. It's probably that mouse has been unchecked.
September 17, 2012 4:49:35 PM

lilyofthevalley said:

If you use Win7,try to insert the Win7 repair disk or Win7 installation disk and choose "Repair..."in the screenshot.Hope this help you.
September 17, 2012 4:50:08 PM

right-click my computer>Properties>Device manager>USB mouse>right click on your mouse>properties>power management tab
a b $ Windows 7
September 17, 2012 6:26:48 PM

egilbe said:
right-click my computer>Properties>Device manager>USB mouse>right click on your mouse>properties>power management tab

How would he do this if he doesn't have mouse functionality?
September 18, 2012 2:01:38 AM

lilyofthevalley said:

I appologise for the misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or snarky or demeaning to you in any way, shape or form. SSD's are a bit of a selling point, so people usually know if they have one or not. All I meant was that if you didn't know then you probably don't have one in your system. If your car has AC or not, you would know wouldn't you? As for FHT variablity, my first response would be "To which field are you refering?" FHT to a doctor is completely different to an engineer. (On a side note, a flatmate asks "Do you mean in relation to FHR?")
But getting back to your problem, do you have another keyboard, mouse you can try as ram1009 suggested?
September 18, 2012 12:14:52 PM

ram1009 said:
How would he do this if he doesn't have mouse functionality?

you know, I don't know? I think I was replying to a different thread about power settings and trying to wake his PC with his mouse. Posting fail :whistle: 
August 31, 2013 12:16:21 AM

lilyofthevalley said:
my mouse and keyboard are frozen. I've rebooted. I get the message that 'the system closed down unexpectedly and a choice for starting in the safe mode, etc., comes up yet the keyboard and mouse still do no work

!