Pause when logging on from user account screen

Can anyone help?

When I boot up my computer, windows xp loads in the welcome screen which
details the different account users. However, when I click on my account and
enter the password there is a long delay where the computer appears to be
doing nothing before my desktop appears. Other computers running XP Home
edition do not do this. Is this something that I can rectify?

John
1 answer Last reply
More about pause logging user account screen

    Hi,

    Look at what is loading at logon. Does it do this under all accounts or just
    yours?

    How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "JRD" <JRD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > When I boot up my computer, windows xp loads in the welcome screen which
    > details the different account users. However, when I click on my account
    > and
    > enter the password there is a long delay where the computer appears to be
    > doing nothing before my desktop appears. Other computers running XP Home
    > edition do not do this. Is this something that I can rectify?
    >
    > John

Computers Windows XP