Sign in with
Your question

Viewsonic VX2035 monitor issues

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 26, 2007 10:17:14 PM

I have noticed that when I watch a movie on this monitor I have these lines that appear on the upper half of my monitor every once in awhile. The lines are like when your playing a game, and you don't turn on v-sync, so you get screen tearing. Is my monitor defective? I have a 6600gt, and i heard if you have an agp port and a dvi port, the dvi port is cheap and lcd's have a cheap input port. I heard that this causes the screen to tear. So is this the issue?
October 27, 2007 3:51:16 PM

redtshirt said:
I have noticed that when I watch a movie on this monitor I have these lines that appear on the upper half of my monitor every once in awhile. The lines are like when your playing a game, and you don't turn on v-sync, so you get screen tearing. Is my monitor defective? I have a 6600gt, and i heard if you have an agp port and a dvi port, the dvi port is cheap and lcd's have a cheap input port. I heard that this causes the screen to tear. So is this the issue?

As far as your specific problem I don't know, but I have that monitor and have issues with the DVI port not producing a signal on occcasion. I plug in both the DVI and the AGP connectors to the video card and have no problems.
!