(W)LAN-Tools deleted in Autostart

July 15, 2005 4:50:00 AM

Hi,

yesterday I tidied up my Autostart-section and it seems that I also
deleted tools which I need to connect to the Internet. So my
(W)LAN-connection does not work anymore.

which are the names of these programs?
is it easy to repair / reinstall them?

best regards
Ragnar
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 10:44:25 AM

Hi,

Specifically how did you tidy up the autostart section? You would have had
to delete networking protocols to mess that up, and they aren't generally in
the startup locations accessed by most users. I suspect rather that you
disabled some little nasty that usurped connection control.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

<r@gnar.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> yesterday I tidied up my Autostart-section and it seems that I also
> deleted tools which I need to connect to the Internet. So my
> (W)LAN-connection does not work anymore.
>
> which are the names of these programs?
> is it easy to repair / reinstall them?
>

> best regards
> Ragnar

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:03:51 PM

I have to add that a lot of other Autostart-tools which I wanted to keep
(MSN, Antivirus,...) are now not visible anymore. So I must have killed a
Launch/application-manager which handles these tools.
July 15, 2005 3:37:48 PM

"Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> Specifically how did you tidy up the autostart section? You would have
> had to delete networking protocols to mess that up, and they aren't
> generally in the startup locations accessed by most users.

Hi,

I used "Tune Up Utilities 2004" for the tidy action

Ragnar
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:29:51 AM

Hi,

Does it have an "undo" function?

--

"Ragnar Heil" <rheil@web.de> wrote in message
> "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Specifically how did you tidy up the autostart section? You would have
>> had to delete networking protocols to mess that up, and they aren't
>> generally in the startup locations accessed by most users.
>
> Hi,
>
> I used "Tune Up Utilities 2004" for the tidy action
>

> Ragnar

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:42:37 PM

"Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in news:emnNiXaiFHA.1372
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> Does it have an "undo" function?

Unfortunately not. But I reinstalled now the applications which I need in
the autostart, so issue is more or less solved.
!