(W)LAN-Tools deleted in Autostart

Hi,

yesterday I tidied up my Autostart-section and it seems that I also
deleted tools which I need to connect to the Internet. So my
(W)LAN-connection does not work anymore.

which are the names of these programs?
is it easy to repair / reinstall them?

best regards
Ragnar
5 answers Last reply
More about tools deleted autostart

    Hi,

    Specifically how did you tidy up the autostart section? You would have had
    to delete networking protocols to mess that up, and they aren't generally in
    the startup locations accessed by most users. I suspect rather that you
    disabled some little nasty that usurped connection control.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    <r@gnar.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > yesterday I tidied up my Autostart-section and it seems that I also
    > deleted tools which I need to connect to the Internet. So my
    > (W)LAN-connection does not work anymore.
    >
    > which are the names of these programs?
    > is it easy to repair / reinstall them?
    >

    > best regards
    > Ragnar

    I have to add that a lot of other Autostart-tools which I wanted to keep
    (MSN, Antivirus,...) are now not visible anymore. So I must have killed a
    Launch/application-manager which handles these tools.

    "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > Specifically how did you tidy up the autostart section? You would have
    > had to delete networking protocols to mess that up, and they aren't
    > generally in the startup locations accessed by most users.

    Hi,

    I used "Tune Up Utilities 2004" for the tidy action

    Ragnar

    Hi,

    Does it have an "undo" function?

    --

    "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in news:emnNiXaiFHA.1372
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > Does it have an "undo" function?

    Unfortunately not. But I reinstalled now the applications which I need in
    the autostart, so issue is more or less solved.

Connection LAN Microsoft Windows XP