CD Burning Problem : "insert a writable disc to continue"

Hi,

I have a problem with the windows XP burning functionality.

When I want to burn a cd it says "insert a writable disc to continue".
I've tried to reinstall drivers, check a lot of regentry like autorun.

This happen on several different hardware, with several different media type.
The device is well recognized as I have the "recording" panel in the drive
properties.

When I use Nero there is no problem. (I have test with and without nero
installed)
When I insert a normal cd, the autorun feature is working, but not with a
blank cd.
When I go to the devices manager and check the volumes properties on the
DVD-RW Devices, it say there is no media.

I have seen a lot of people having the same problem on forums, but no
working solution.

Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.

--
Sebastien
Desktop Administrator

As anyone was successfull hereis what was my problem :

the GPO "Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only" was
set and then ven the system has no access to the CD-Rom.

It's a very odd way of working, but it's like that

--
Sebastien
Desktop Administrator