CD Burning Problem : "insert a writable disc to continue"

Hi,

I have a problem with the windows XP burning functionality.

When I want to burn a cd it says "insert a writable disc to continue".
I've tried to reinstall drivers, check a lot of regentry like autorun.

This happen on several different hardware, with several different media type.
The device is well recognized as I have the "recording" panel in the drive
properties.

When I use Nero there is no problem. (I have test with and without nero
installed)
When I insert a normal cd, the autorun feature is working, but not with a
blank cd.
When I go to the devices manager and check the volumes properties on the
DVD-RW Devices, it say there is no media.

I have seen a lot of people having the same problem on forums, but no
working solution.

Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.

--
Sebastien
Desktop Administrator

    As anyone was successfull hereis what was my problem :

    the GPO "Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only" was
    set and then ven the system has no access to the CD-Rom.

    It's a very odd way of working, but it's like that

    --
    Sebastien
    Desktop Administrator

    "Sebastien Dehennault" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with the windows XP burning functionality.
    >
    > When I want to burn a cd it says "insert a writable disc to continue".
    > I've tried to reinstall drivers, check a lot of regentry like autorun.
    >
    > This happen on several different hardware, with several different media type.
    > The device is well recognized as I have the "recording" panel in the drive
    > properties.
    >
    > When I use Nero there is no problem. (I have test with and without nero
    > installed)
    > When I insert a normal cd, the autorun feature is working, but not with a
    > blank cd.
    > When I go to the devices manager and check the volumes properties on the
    > DVD-RW Devices, it say there is no media.
    >
    > I have seen a lot of people having the same problem on forums, but no
    > working solution.
    >
    > Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Sebastien
    > Desktop Administrator
    > MCSE