all in wonder 128 pro, no tv??

natalie

Just upgraded from win2000 to xp, and my all in wonder card
does not have full functionality, the TV tab (and most other
previous tabs) is missing in the desktop settings/advanced
property sheet. Basically, I can't switch TV on and off,
and also the brighness of the monitor cannot be accessed
any more. Any ideas?

Hi

Have you downloaded/installed the latest XP compliant drivers for your card?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"natalie" <nataliek@kern.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded from win2000 to xp, and my all in wonder card
> does not have full functionality, the TV tab (and most other
> previous tabs) is missing in the desktop settings/advanced
> property sheet. Basically, I can't switch TV on and off,
> and also the brighness of the monitor cannot be accessed
> any more. Any ideas?

"natalie" <nataliek@kern.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded from win2000 to xp, and my all in wonder card
> does not have full functionality, the TV tab (and most other
> previous tabs) is missing in the desktop settings/advanced
> property sheet. Basically, I can't switch TV on and off,
> and also the brighness of the monitor cannot be accessed
> any more. Any ideas?

Have you been to ATI's site? Have you looked for XP drivers and programs,
and installed them?

natalie

> Hi
>
> Have you downloaded/installed the latest XP compliant drivers for your
> card?

No, because XP comes with the drivers.

> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "natalie" <nataliek@kern.com> wrote in message
>> Just upgraded from win2000 to xp, and my all in wonder card
>> does not have full functionality, the TV tab (and most other
>> previous tabs) is missing in the desktop settings/advanced
>> property sheet. Basically, I can't switch TV on and off,
>> and also the brighness of the monitor cannot be accessed
>> any more. Any ideas?

To use the TV feature, you need to install the most up to date drivers from
ATi. The ones included in XP are "VERY" basic and do not provide all the
features (3D, hi-res, TV out) functions.

>> Hi
>>
>> Have you downloaded/installed the latest XP compliant drivers for your
>> card?
>

> No, because XP comes with the drivers.
>

>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "natalie" <nataliek@kern.com> wrote in message
>>> Just upgraded from win2000 to xp, and my all in wonder card
>>> does not have full functionality, the TV tab (and most other
>>> previous tabs) is missing in the desktop settings/advanced
>>> property sheet. Basically, I can't switch TV on and off,
>>> and also the brighness of the monitor cannot be accessed
>>> any more. Any ideas?

"natalie" <nataliek@kern.com> wrote in message

>> Hi
>>
>> Have you downloaded/installed the latest XP compliant drivers for your
>> card?
>

> No, because XP comes with the drivers.

XP may include video drivers but not the other ones. If you want it to work
go and look.

natalie

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message

> "natalie" <nataliek@kern.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Have you downloaded/installed the latest XP compliant drivers for your
>>> card?
>>

>> No, because XP comes with the drivers.
>>

> XP may include video drivers but not the other ones. If you want it to
> work go and look.

I did, they do not install (error:incompatible)

Get Everest Home Edition and use it to get the "Exact" video
card/chip that's on your PC. When Everest runs expand the
Computer category, then Summary. In the Left pane note the
Display category and the "Video Adapter" description. Post
back that information and we can direct you to the download
for your specific video adapter.

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Get Everest Home Edition and use it to get the "Exact" video
> card/chip that's on your PC. When Everest runs expand the
> Computer category, then Summary. In the Left pane note the
> Display category and the "Video Adapter" description. Post
> back that information and we can direct you to the download
> for your specific video adapter.

I have the ati diagnostics (ATI Inspector) , aparently the problem is that
the

video input connector and
video output connector

are Not Detected

Stranegly, the above utility reports All In Wonder Radeon
whereas I am sure I have All In Wonder 128 Pro,

maybe it's the same

Graphics Card Manufacturer = ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Chipset (ASIC) = Radeon
Device ID = 5144
Vendor ID = 1002
Subsystem ID = 02AA
Subsystem Vendor ID = 1002

Bus Type = AGP
Current Bus Settings = AGP 4X
Primary Display Device = Yes

BIOS P/N = 113-73703-101
BIOS Version = 001.001.000.056
BIOS Date = 2001/02/05
Memory Size = 32 MB
Memory Type = DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

Tuner Type = Philips FQ1216ME/P PAL I/B/G/D/K
SECAM
Decoder Type = Rage Theater
Video Standard = PAL
Audio Type = ITT MSP3415 (Europe)

Display Drivers Version = 8.00.13-040528-014681E-Microsoft
Display 2D Version = 6.14.10.6462
Display D3D Version = 6.14.10.4071
Open GL Version = 0.0.0.0
Control Panel Version = 0.0.0.0

Natalie,

All ATI Radeon based cards use a driver/support package called
Catalyst (5.7 is the latest). ATI offers a number of packages. One
thing you probably need is the "Uninstaller". I would download the
Uninstaller and the complete 33.0 Megabyte driver/support tools.
Use the Uninstaller to completely remove existing ATI Drivers and
support software (Control Panel). Then install Catalyst 5.7.
See if that won't resolve your issues.

Download for ATI Catalyst is found at:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894

> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Get Everest Home Edition and use it to get the "Exact" video
>> card/chip that's on your PC. When Everest runs expand the
>> Computer category, then Summary. In the Left pane note the
>> Display category and the "Video Adapter" description. Post
>> back that information and we can direct you to the download
>> for your specific video adapter.
>
> I have the ati diagnostics (ATI Inspector) , aparently the problem is that
> the
>
> video input connector and
> video output connector
>
> are Not Detected
>
> Stranegly, the above utility reports All In Wonder Radeon
> whereas I am sure I have All In Wonder 128 Pro,
>
> maybe it's the same
>

> Graphics Card Manufacturer = ATI Technologies Inc.
> Graphics Chipset (ASIC) = Radeon
> Device ID = 5144
> Vendor ID = 1002
> Subsystem ID = 02AA
> Subsystem Vendor ID = 1002
>
> Bus Type = AGP
> Current Bus Settings = AGP 4X
> Primary Display Device = Yes
>
> BIOS P/N = 113-73703-101
> BIOS Version = 001.001.000.056
> BIOS Date = 2001/02/05
> Memory Size = 32 MB
> Memory Type = DDR SGRAM / SDRAM
>
> Tuner Type = Philips FQ1216ME/P PAL I/B/G/D/K
> SECAM
> Decoder Type = Rage Theater
> Video Standard = PAL
> Audio Type = ITT MSP3415 (Europe)
>
> Display Drivers Version = 8.00.13-040528-014681E-Microsoft
> Display 2D Version = 6.14.10.6462
> Display D3D Version = 6.14.10.4071
> Open GL Version = 0.0.0.0
> Control Panel Version = 0.0.0.0

natalie

> All ATI Radeon based cards use a driver/support package called
> Catalyst (5.7 is the latest). ATI offers a number of packages. One
> thing you probably need is the "Uninstaller". I would download the
> Uninstaller and the complete 33.0 Megabyte driver/support tools.
> Use the Uninstaller to completely remove existing ATI Drivers and
> support software (Control Panel). Then install Catalyst 5.7.
> See if that won't resolve your issues.

Yes, it solved the problem.

What should I use to make the screen brighter, an alpha adjustment, or
brightness adjustment, they both seem to be doing the same thing.

Depends on your monitor, is it a traditional CRT or LCD ?

If it's LCD, you need to be using Clear Type rendering.

Also many LCD monitors have an adjustment tool that
fine tunes the video to the monitor. On my Sony LCD I
have it fine tuned and any Gamma corrections I make w/
the Video Card advanced features tool.

Xp tends to use a "Plug-&-Play" monitor definition (driver).
To more accurately define your monitor, you should go to
the vendor web site and download the specific driver for
your monitor and also check for a Adjustment software
tool.

If you're using a CRT, then increasing the refresh rate to
75-85 Hertz will be easier on the eye.