Can the launch bar be "single dekker" ?

natalie

Is it possible for the quick launch bar to occupy the entire row
and the task bar also an entire row, so that the entire "Start
button area" is 2 rows, one for this and one for that. At the
moment I managed to increase the Start button area to two
rows, and to allocate the left portion of that to the launch
bar and the right portion to the task bar, but I want them
to be arranged like in win200 as explained above?

natalie wrote:
> Is it possible for the quick launch bar to occupy the entire row
> and the task bar also an entire row, so that the entire "Start
> button area" is 2 rows, one for this and one for that. At the
> moment I managed to increase the Start button area to two
> rows, and to allocate the left portion of that to the launch
> bar and the right portion to the task bar, but I want them
> to be arranged like in win200 as explained above?

Yes, that's the way I have mine arranged. Right click on the taskbar
and remove the check from "Lock the Taskbar". Once the taskbar is
unlocked you can drage the quicklaunch bar and place it either above or
below the tasklist bar.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

natalie wrote:
> Is it possible for the quick launch bar to occupy the entire row
> and the task bar also an entire row, so that the entire "Start
> button area" is 2 rows, one for this and one for that. At the
> moment I managed to increase the Start button area to two
> rows, and to allocate the left portion of that to the launch
> bar and the right portion to the task bar, but I want them
> to be arranged like in win200 as explained above?

Yes. The taskbar can be arranged in two rows. Mine has the Quick
Launch Bar on the bottom.

--
Peace!
Kurt

natalie

"Tom Porterfield" <tpporter@mvps.org> wrote in message
> natalie wrote:
>> Is it possible for the quick launch bar to occupy the entire row
>> and the task bar also an entire row, so that the entire "Start
>> button area" is 2 rows, one for this and one for that. At the
>> moment I managed to increase the Start button area to two
>> rows, and to allocate the left portion of that to the launch
>> bar and the right portion to the task bar, but I want them
>> to be arranged like in win200 as explained above?
>
> Yes, that's the way I have mine arranged. Right click on the taskbar and
> remove the check from "Lock the Taskbar". Once the taskbar is unlocked
> you can drage the quicklaunch bar and place it either above or below the
> tasklist bar.

No, can't drag anything.

natalie

> No, can't drag anything.

Yes, eventually, you need to be a genious to figure that one out ...

thanks