Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Video Game problem

Last response: in Windows 7
March 19, 2010 2:50:42 PM

I play Modern Warefar 2 and when I start the game it freezes almost immediately and I don’t know why The PC specs are listed below pleas help all drivers are up to date and I am stumped.

MOBO ( Asus P5QL Pro )
CPU ( Intel Q9650 not OC )
Ram ( 8gigs of Kingston DDR2 800MHz )
Video ( MSI Radeon HD4850 2D1GOC )
Hard drive ( 500GB WD Black )
Operating system ( windows 7 home premium 64Bit )

More about : video game problem

March 19, 2010 6:31:47 PM

I assume MW2 is updated so remove your video card drivers and reinstall them. Also when does it freeze? Immediately upon loading the game or when you start to play it? Is this the only game it happens in as well...
a b $ Windows 7
March 19, 2010 6:40:11 PM

No mention of PSU wattage or brand. could be the PSU is strugglling...
Related resources
March 20, 2010 12:27:14 PM

it freezes when the I for infility shows and not one seconde after.

My PSU is the
OCZ ModXStream Pro / 700W / EZ Mod Cable Management / Active PFC

the PSU is brand new but the old one was not power full enough the Real tech 500 watt dual fan PSU don’t know the exact model number of it of but the ocz runs everything nominally

And yes everything is up to date is there a way to reinstall the game without losing my progress

and this mobo has no onboard video so removing the card to is not an option ill try uninstalling the drivers

Does anyone know why Microsoft & non Microsoft products runing on Windows get weird computer glitches after 4 or 5 month of being installed on any computer?
Or is it an unexplained mystery LOL.

Best solution

March 20, 2010 4:05:12 PM

This link may prove helpful.. It lists many errors and fixes for MW2, so you can try a few things in it possibly http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php?story=Call-of-Dut...

It also appears (if necessary) that save games are located in Steamapps/Common/call of duty modern warfare 2/Players/save
March 21, 2010 1:39:14 PM

If its freezing almost immediately id say its the game itself. Again id try to remove the video drivers and reinstall them to see if that fixes it. If not uninstall and reinstall the game.

Highly doubt its your power supply.
March 21, 2010 1:43:01 PM

don't quite know what happened but a reinstall worked thanks fore the saved games file location got it back up and running
April 2, 2010 2:33:36 AM

Best answer selected by MIchael775.
!