can't open file or folder

July 15, 2005 10:16:17 AM

Hi,

If I download a movie or song it goes to my download folder and works fine.
When I move the file or folder to my movie or music folder it fails to open.

It says the folder is not accessible, you do not have permission. I have
signed in as the administrator.

Thanks

More about : open file folder

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:47:12 PM

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If I download a movie or song it goes to my download folder and works
> fine.
> When I move the file or folder to my movie or music folder it fails to
> open.
>
> It says the folder is not accessible, you do not have permission. I have
> signed in as the administrator.
>
> Thanks
July 15, 2005 6:47:13 PM

Thanks for replying Will. It now works. For some reason if I make the
troublesome folders, 'private', folders they then work. This solves the
problem for anyone else suffering from this, but if anyone knows why you need
to do that please reply.

Thanks again

!