can't open file or folder

Hi,

If I download a movie or song it goes to my download folder and works fine.
When I move the file or folder to my movie or music folder it fails to open.

It says the folder is not accessible, you do not have permission. I have
signed in as the administrator.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about open file folder

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > If I download a movie or song it goes to my download folder and works
    > fine.
    > When I move the file or folder to my movie or music folder it fails to
    > open.
    >
    > It says the folder is not accessible, you do not have permission. I have
    > signed in as the administrator.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for replying Will. It now works. For some reason if I make the
    troublesome folders, 'private', folders they then work. This solves the
    problem for anyone else suffering from this, but if anyone knows why you need
    to do that please reply.

    Thanks again

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see if the following article helps:
    >
    > "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > If I download a movie or song it goes to my download folder and works
    > > fine.
    > > When I move the file or folder to my movie or music folder it fails to
    > > open.
    > >
    > > It says the folder is not accessible, you do not have permission. I have
    > > signed in as the administrator.
    > >
    > > Thanks

Download Movies Microsoft Windows XP