More about ghost

    From: "BM" <BM@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | When trying to ghost a Toshiba Satellite notebook PC, Ghost hangs with an
    | hourglass. I'm wondering if anyone has come across this.
    | It doesn't matter if I boot with a floppy or try to run the clone from the
    | console, I get the same results.
    |
    | Thanks,
    | BM

    I assme you mean Symantec Enterprise Ghost v8.

    You'll need to provide some more information here.
    Are you restoring and image or making an image ?
    Are you Ghosting to an image on another hard disk or other media ?
    Are you using TCP/IP Ghosting ?

    If you want help you *must* privide details and a sequence of events, errors, etc.

    Since Symantec Ghost is a NOT a MS software, the following News Group is the correct or more
    apropos News Group for this type of question ( of course you need to properly post the
    problem with details ).

    symantec.customerservice.general

    You also need to learn to use a News Reader to access News Groups and NOT use a web based
    front end. There is no web front end to the Symantec News Groups and there is access to
    both the Microsoft and Symantec News Groups on public News Servers or ISP News Servers.

    The following URL will take you default News Client to a public (FRE) News Server and the
    suggested Symantec News Group.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    I don't know where in the scheme of things Ghost 8.0 is related to what I
    use, Ghost 2003 but my level works fine with desktop or laptop, boot from
    floppy, from cd or run from the ghost console.

    "BM" <BM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    When trying to ghost a Toshiba Satellite notebook PC, Ghost hangs with an
    hourglass. I'm wondering if anyone has come across this.
    It doesn't matter if I boot with a floppy or try to run the clone from the
    console, I get the same results.

    Thanks,
    BM

    I assme you mean Symantec Enterprise Ghost v8.

    You'll need to provide some more information here.
    Are you restoring and image or making an image ?
    Are you Ghosting to an image on another hard disk or other media ?
    Are you using TCP/IP Ghosting ?

    If ghost hangs during the boot process how could it possibly matter whether
    the OP was restoring or creating an image, he hasn't gotten to the point of
    making that decision yet?

    From: "BR549" <sirspamalot@spammer.com>

    | I assme you mean Symantec Enterprise Ghost v8.
    |
    | You'll need to provide some more information here.
    | Are you restoring and image or making an image ?
    | Are you Ghosting to an image on another hard disk or other media ?
    | Are you using TCP/IP Ghosting ?
    |
    | If ghost hangs during the boot process how could it possibly matter whether
    | the OP was restoring or creating an image, he hasn't gotten to the point of
    | making that decision yet?

    BM does not say that. He says "Ghost hangs with an hourglass" that's means he is in a GUI.
    The post is lacking crucial information.

    BTW: Please use a quote character to separate your reply from my post as you see my reply
    has properly done.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm