I am using Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection to manage Windows Small
Business Server 2003. How do you LOCK the server from the remote connection
?? Thanks
--
Jerry

Apparently one of the backup programs will not run unless the server is
locked.
--
Jerry

"Jerry F" wrote:

> I am using Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection to manage Windows Small
> Business Server 2003. How do you LOCK the server from the remote connection
> ?? Thanks
> --
> Jerry

The easy way:

mstsc /v:SERVERNAME /console

This connects to the console session.

From there you can launch the nt security dialog box and lock the station.

"Jerry F" <JerryF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection to manage Windows Small
> Business Server 2003. How do you LOCK the server from the remote
> connection
> ?? Thanks
> --
> Jerry

JS

Jerry F wrote:
> I am using Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection to manage Windows Small
> Business Server 2003. How do you LOCK the server from the remote connection
> ?? Thanks

Surely if you're remotely administering the server you'd keep it logged
out anyway, so why lock it?

JS

Jerry F wrote:
> Apparently one of the backup programs will not run unless the server is
> locked.

Run the following command line from the Run box or create a shortcut to
lock the server from an icon:

RUNDLL32 USER32.DLL,LockWorkStation

I don't think that's going to work with a terminal session.